There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Wilmington, OH
Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like some of the people I work with and most of our customers. I'm also great-full for the flexibility on the scheduling (most weeks anyways).

Cons

The pay leaves something to be desired. Bonuses or incentives to working your tail off are few and far between. Nothing you do is right and even corporate judges you on numbers that you can't control. Even if you work for the company for years, unless you are one of the favorites to upper management, you won't go anywhere but the bottom of the ladder.

Treat your employees better. Give them a reason to stay and a reason to like working for the company.

204 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

Great Clips: " The Wal-mart of Hair Cuts"

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great interactions with the customers, productivity.

Cons

Management doesnt care about what you think or how you are feeling about anything. they suggest that everyone is to be a team but then leads you astray when an issue arises. You et documented for doing even the slightest thing. Great clips manipulates you into thinking that you need them and that is not a Team.

Being a manager involves leading by example. BE A TEAM PLAYER like you request the rest of us to do. Stop with the BIG EGO and Stop being disrespectful to your employees because your store will fail in the end because you continue to push all of your valuable employees away!!!

Would be ok for a first job

Former Employee - Front Receptionist in Seal Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Front Receptionist in Seal Beach, CA

I worked at Great Clips part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hired me for my first job here, so experience wasn't necessary. I was the front receptionist. I was trained well, and felt like I could handle the work. The stylists were nice to me.

Cons

The management knew what my availability was, yet they still would schedule me on days I couldn't work. Minimum wage as well, but that was expected. I worked weekends, but my nights were free since the shop closed earlier on in the evening.

Know the availability of your employees. I quit because this kept happening!

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips