Great Clips

www.greatclips.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

The (great)Chop shop utopia !!

Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Nashville, TN

I worked at Great Clips full-time

Pros

At least the tips are nice.

Cons

Sell your soul to GC and everything will go smoothly

I understand the concept of meeting goals and "hitting your numbers", but when they become more important than the employee, this is where Great Clips falls short. I have seen this in all of the GC's I have worked in. The managment (and owners) of these shops will look to the computer for solutions instead of getting input from the stylists who know how the business is from a day to day, personal interaction, non-numbers view.
My opinion.....run away! Things are much better (pay, personal time, attitude, life) after leaving.

242 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

Busy, Busy and Busy.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Niles, MI
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Niles, MI

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Busy and fast paced. Tips are great. A lot of incentives.

Cons

Long hours, Having to work every weekend.

Maybe rotate weekends and holidays.

Promises more than they are willing to give you

Former Employee - Stylist in Leominster, MA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Leominster, MA

I worked at Great Clips part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid training, some locations may offer benefits depending on the franchisee, great place for new beauty school graduates, easy haircutting system

Cons

hair cuts are cheap so tips wont be as good as you might expect, only haircuts are offered (and perms in some locations)..which means no color which brings in big bucks for stylists, this isn't a company that seems to care about keeping their employees, turnover rates were high at my salon because of dissatisfaction, there is no hotline for employees to call if they are cocerned their owner or manager isnt doing their job, haircuts must be produced in under 17 minutes, shampooing is not included in a hair cut, non stylists can own a salon, which means someone who doesnt understand the industry might be telling you what to do, my salon wasn't even making payroll, so someone with poor marketing or management skills could own a salon as well, at my salon paychecks were written with personal checks, which meant you couldnt cash them/have your money right away..very unprofessional and inconvinient.

keep promises as far as job hours and benefits go, focus on quality over quantity as far as haircuts go, corporate should take more control and not allow underqualified people to open salons/operate without a proper payroll system

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips