Great family company!!

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits with hourly pay. Paid training and an amazing team atmosphere. Following their laid out plans will ensure success and growth in the company. I love the fast paced environment and guaranteed pay checks.

Cons

I hear some of the franchisees are harder to work for than others.

Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips

1. Great Way to learn hands on

Former Employee - Floor Manager
    Former Employee - Floor Manager

I worked at Great Clips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

high volume learn clipper cuts very quickly if you're fast enough you'll make a decent service commission paid vacation that accumulates rather quickly

Cons

Very little growth opportunities hours are sporadic, no set schedule you will ALWAYS work saturdays and sundays, and close at least twice a week low hourly wage especially for how hectic this job can get No goals you hit will ever be good enough, you will get little to no recognition for successes but will be utterly crucified for falling short

Advice to Management

Stop threatening write ups and help your team succeed, especially the newer less experienced stylists. Set 12-15 minutes as a goal to build up to and recognize any success as a major accomplishment so stylists feel motivated instead of kicked down.

Franchise, low hourly pay, strict/ever-changing dress code, and high turnover.

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Orem, UT

I worked at Great Clips part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good walk-in clientele most of the time. I worked for GC because they are open until 9 p.m. and I could only work for a few hours in the evenings. I was part-time and still could accrue some paid, time off. I, for one, enjoyed the occasional, intermittent on-going paid training. Learned new cutting techniques and about new styling products.

Cons

I worked for GC for 5 years and never got any raises even though my statistics were the highest and I had a large clientele and I was a wonderful employee (owner's words, not mine).. Lucky for me, my clients tipped well. Out of 4 managers I worked under, only one was suited for the job and had experience. The owner was neurotic about the dress code and didn't seem to care who was managing his salons as long as it was a warm body.

Advice to Management

Invest in your stylists, management, and they will work harder for you. Please, do not hire Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb as your managers and assistant managers- no matter how cheap they are. They will not lead your salon to success. Starting at Sport Clips, I made a dollar more per hour and recieved a 50 cent raise after 2 months. I worked for GC for five years and was never shown appreciation or given a raise. If you continue to skimp on pay and management, you will never receive more than straight-out-of-school stylists and your clients will not trust your store.