Great Clips

Refreshing Calming, Relaxing even for the employees too

Current Employee - Hairstylist in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Hairstylist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Great Franchisees, Great Managers, Great Staff all around.

Cons

Pay could be higher than 8.50/hr

216 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

all staff members work well together as a team.

Current Employee - SYLIST in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - SYLIST in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

great benefits and employee perks. upper managment always rewards employees for hard work and commitment to the company. employee discounts on products and tools.

Cons

at times it seems that issues brought to managments attention fall on deaf ears. scheduing favortism seems to be a frequent issue.

listen to employee issues and be proactive, do something about the complaints instead of pusing them under the rug. just because the issue is not metioned again does not mean the problem went away. follow up on issues.

I love my job.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Flexible hours, balance personal and work, loyal customers, our owner offers great bonus compensation plan, competitive pricing, great place for new stylists to start because the training program is very helpful for them, team work, overall a friendly, clean, and nice place to be for a haircut

Cons

The only con I have is that I live a half hour away, but I wouldn't want to leave my customers that I have built up just for a few dollars savings in gas.

We want to do eyebrow waxing! And our customers want it also. We turn away average of 3-10 requests daily! Think of the potential growth there!!! And do not take away perms keep that option because we have a loyal perm base and I would like to keep it. Personally I would like to see assistant managers included in training sessions with the managers at training centers on product, new policies, etc because not all markets allow that. Also you need new better training classes at the center, I am bored with the selection. Braiding, updos, adding extensions into styles, just new updated classes.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips