Awful

Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber  in  Bryan, TX
Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Bryan, TX

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

The people I worked with were great. Other than that I have to say it was the worst company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Bad management, overworked, little pay. Owners treated us like work horses. We Weren't allowed breaks, some of the other employees would almost pass out due to not being allowed to take a lunch.

Standing for 8 hrs a day on a hard surface because your not allowed a mat isn't easy. Treat the employees with respect. If your employees are happy, then your customers are happy.

Other Reviews for Great Clips

A mediocre job at a mediocre franchise.

Current Employee - Stylist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

I think the pay is pretty good for what you do. Sometimes it's better than others (tips). I love that they do strictly haircuts, that's the main reason I work there, because I love doing haircuts. I like most of the customers...talking, getting to know them, making them feel good. And I like the other stylists (most of the time).

Cons

The management is a big mess. Poor communication, disrespect for employees...treat them like children, never ask for input on how things can be better...they just ignore you, stylists are always complaining...especially about the schedule (you will never know when you have to work....hard to make plans) Too much is expected of the shop manager which makes the shop run very inefficiently.
    Stylists are threatened with suspension if their haircut time is too high or their non-cut time is too high...even though these numbers are not always a true reflection of what is happening in the salon.

Nothing bothers me so much as just being treated like a child and being spoken to with a condescending tone. The stylists deserve respect just as well as the customers and the management. It all trickles down. I'm sure some franchises are better than others...in fact I have worked at a better franchise in the past, where management was respectful and kind to its employees...where I wasn't hounded about my haircut time, and I was praised for my customer service...it makes a huge difference. Even though I make more money now, I was happier at the other franchise.

Great Clips is an awesome company for the career minded person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Great pay, benefits, training, flexible schedules and advancement opportunities

Cons

specialty salon that doesnt offer color services.

more development workshops for stylists, to help keep Great Clips at the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips.

Worked for Great Clips? Contribute to the Community!