Great River Health Systems

www.greatrivermedical.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Great River Health Systems

GRMC -a great place to heal.

Current Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in West Burlington, IA
Current Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in West Burlington, IA

I have been working at Great River Health Systems

Pros

GRMC is a state of the art facility. We have excellant physicians. The building is only 8 years old. We have been showcased for our stroke and heart attack programs. We have a new Heart and Vascular unit. Our in-patient and out patient rehab units are top notch.

Cons

The Matrix for staffing the units is all wrong. Long term CNA's need to be advanced in pay like everyone else instead of capped out because of their senority. 2-3 % raise a year is not much when there are new RN's that make 30 plus dollars an hour. The corporation needs to stand behind there employee when they need financial help.

Get out of the office and work on the floor to remember what it's like

7 Other Employee Reviews for Great River Health Systems (View Most Recent)

A good place to work

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Great River Health Systems part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady employment with benefits

Cons

Not enough help have to work short a lot of times

Having plenty of help so the others can be taken care of properly with their attendance points system and time as well as a flu epidemic allow consideration so we don't lose employees

Short staffed

I have been working at Great River Health Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is ok, work with many "good" people

Cons

They are very short staffed. It's hard enough to do our job efficiently, but when someone calls in, it makes it nearly impossible. The staff has been cut to a bare minimum in most areas and I feel this has a very negative result for patient care.

I suggest that management spend some time in these departments, especially during the busy times. I'm sure if they had to work like we do, they would not! Healthcare is not a place to have a "skeleton" crew!

There are newer employer reviews for Great River Health Systems