There are newer employer reviews for Great River Health Systems

Good company if not in IT

Current Employee - IT Department in West Burlington, IA
Current Employee - IT Department in West Burlington, IA

I have been working at Great River Health Systems

Pros

Stable company. Great, compassionate and caring Senior Management team. Company overall is great. IT department is where the issues are.

Cons

Nowhere to go in IT. No growth or advancement opportunities. Pay is inferior. IT not well respected in the organization. IT leadership very stifling and does not show appreciation. Do not feel valued. Continued education is virtually nonexistent. No standards or policies, every request is handled on a case by case basis. IT has good old boys club mentality. Much favoritism even with filling open positions.

Truly evaluate IT leadership, hold accountable. Expect same level of professionalism, care, compassion, EXCEL values and team work out of IT leader the same as other department leaders.

reviews filtered by
  1. GRMC -a great place to heal.

Current Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in West Burlington, IA
    Current Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in West Burlington, IA

I have been working at Great River Health Systems

Pros

GRMC is a state of the art facility. We have excellant physicians. The building is only 8 years old. We have been showcased for our stroke and heart attack programs. We have a new Heart and Vascular unit. Our in-patient and out patient rehab units are top notch.

Cons

The Matrix for staffing the units is all wrong. Long term CNA's need to be advanced in pay like everyone else instead of capped out because of their senority. 2-3 % raise a year is not much when there are new RN's that make 30 plus dollars an hour. The corporation needs to stand behind there employee when they need financial help.

Get out of the office and work on the floor to remember what it's like

2. A good place to work

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Great River Health Systems part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady employment with benefits

Cons

Not enough help have to work short a lot of times

Having plenty of help so the others can be taken care of properly with their attendance points system and time as well as a flu epidemic allow consideration so we don't lose employees

There are newer employer reviews for Great River Health Systems