Great West Casualty

ssl.gwccnet.com
  ssl.gwccnet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Great West Casualty

Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Office Claims Processor in South Sioux City, NE
Current Employee - Office Claims Processor in South Sioux City, NE

I have been working at Great West Casualty full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with good contingency plans. Many employees have been there 20+ years. For the most part, you feel like you're a part of a family. On-the-job training is unbeatable. They really take the time to make sure you know what you're doing & feel comfortable doing it. Then they have free training programs for other aspects of the business & will actually pay for you to take insurance courses if you choose to.

Cons

Politics - it took a few years for me to really notice it, but it's there, just as it is at every other company. Employees in certain departments really have to watch their step. Salary is probably normal for the area, but my department isn't paid enough.

Make sure managers know the difference between micromanaging & guiding their employees. No one wants every move to be monitored - it's a waste of time to do that to employees & it makes employees less productive. If you hire managers who know how to motivate & encourage, the numbers will get better on their own. It feels like upper management doesn't really know what's going on "down in the trenches."

7 Other Employee Reviews for Great West Casualty (View Most Recent)

I still have a job which is nice

Current Employee - Corporate Pilot
    Current Employee - Corporate Pilot

I have been working at Great West Casualty

Pros

Considering the state of the profession and the future of aviation in this country. At least we have jobs.

Cons

Pay , advancement,credit for doing a good jod, respect of other departments who are envious and see pilots as overpaid taxi drivers.

They have no intention to drag the company into the modern age. This is the probuct of Old Republic who own us.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Great West Casualty full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, low turnover, care about employees, good work life balance

Cons

Politics, not many opportunities for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Great West Casualty