Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
www.corp.greatwolfresorts.com 500 to 999 Employees

Fun place to start out, just don't stay long!

Retail Worker (Former Employee)
Grapevine, TX

ProsIt's a fun job, and most of the people are great. Pay starts out above min. wage, and there is a POSSIBILITY of a pay increase. Most of the management is nice, but not all of them.

ConsSome of the management takes their personal frustrations out on the line level workers, (even on those who work hard). It can be very frustrating to someone who works there tail off.

Also, compliments from management are few and far between. So if you need to know you are doing a good job, or are on the right track, you have to ask.

Also, most of the raises are under 25 cents and stay there.

Biggest con is the point system (this is in all the departments- ie: corporate policy). There is little understanding or leniency, even if emergencies happen. I watched LOTS of employees disappear because of this system: those who were slackers but also those who were some of the best and hard working employees)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those at the bottom of the totem pole, but don't make them feel like they are below you. Make them WANT to do their best not because they are afraid (of points, repercussions, or your wrath) but because they want to help, they see the difference it makes, and know YOU appreciate it.

Also, corporate should revise the points system, to incorporate room for real emergencies.

Great Family Work Place

Web Developer (Current Employee)
    Madison, WI

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of little benefits and fun group of people to… Cons: There really isn't a ton of downside to working here… Advice to Senior Management: Great place to work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great start

Lifeguard (Current Employee)
    Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. part-time for more than a year

Pros: Working in a fast pace environment, the guests are for the most part happy and energetic,… Cons: Supervisors are young and inexperienced, its a very monotonous job, and breathing in chlorine from… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in higher quality supervisors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Great Wolf Resorts, Inc..

Worked for Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. CEO Kimberly K. Schaefer. All reviews posted anonymously by Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. employees.