Great Wolf Resorts

www.corp.greatwolfresorts.com
  www.corp.greatwolfresorts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Great Wolf Resorts

The worst run company that I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

room rate discounts are a plus

Cons

No communication between management and employees
During busy hours the management is no where to be found
Upper management refuses to communicate with any lower level employees
Pay is extremely low
Benefits are limited

67 Other Employee Reviews for Great Wolf Resorts (View Most Recent)

"Great Wolf Logic"... it's not a good thing.

Current Employee - Call Center Sales Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Call Center Sales Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

It's a good job to get your foot in the door when you are re-entering the job force. The people you work with are fun, but don't expect them to be there long. Kim is a fun CEO, and she is engaged with the employees who do all the grunt work.

Cons

There is room for growth within your position, but no room for advancement out of the position. Your responsibilities will increase as they trust you to do more, but your pay will remain as if you just began working there. You are expendable. A lot of money is spent on training new employees due to incredibly high attrition, instead of going in to keeping employees who take the most effective role and who benefit the company.

There is also a pervasive air of favoritism, but don't let that fool you too much, you will be ignored no matter what. Management may say that guest service is key, but take it with a grain of salt, you are graded based upon your performance, which is highly dependent on which calls you receive, which is in itself an independent variable.

You are hired as a "travel planner." You are told to provide great customer service. Don't pay attention to those lines, you are a sales agent. You are there to make money for the company, just don't expect much compensation.

The job is incredibly high-stress, and when your breaks are planned down to the minute, there is little wiggle room to take a breath to recover from a tough call (in most cases, a series of tough calls). Suck it up and keep going, there is nothing you can do.

Scheduling is inefficient. You are hired for 40 hours, you will usually work 32. They are overstaffed when it's slow and understaffed when it's busy, and always over budget.

Do more to make employees want to stay. Stop burning so much money on training new agents, half of which won't make it to the floor, and start putting it into agents who consistently do well and could have a future with the company.

Was decent until the end.

Former Employee - Sales Team - Call Center in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Team - Call Center in Madison, WI

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

They work as hard as they can to promote a good work culture, great opportunities to receive bonuses and they promote internal promotions. The line managers who are closest to employees have a great degree of respect and tolerance of their subordinates and were great to have as my supervisor.

Cons

Unequal enforcement of company rules, backstabbing higher up in the business, high turnover, un-enjoyable work environment, emphasis is heavy on results and almost never on people, in at atmosphere where you deal with hurtful people almost your entire shift, it would be nice if someone cared about us rather than our sales. I could go on but the real kicker is the unequal enforcement. I've seen people get fired for a one time offense, and others who do the same thing have it brushed under the rug all as upper management sees fit.

Enforce your rules equally and put people first. If you put your people first they would work harder for you. That's why your turnover is astronomic, because you care about us going in, during training and afterward we're off your radar.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Wolf Resorts