Great Wolf Resorts

Add Review

A great start

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Grapevine, TX
Current Employee - Lifeguard in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in a fast pace environment, the guests are for the most part happy and energetic, the company provides a good service, and the HR department has a lot of positive presence

Cons

Supervisors are young and inexperienced, its a very monotonous job, and breathing in chlorine from being inside a indoor water park 5 times a week can lead to respiratory problems.

Advice to Management

Invest in higher quality supervisors

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Have A Great Wolf Day

Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Tannersville, PA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Tannersville, PA

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some... and I mean SOME of the people you work with end up becoming very good friends, you spend more time with them then you do your family. In some aspects they become your family.

The benefits are good, definitely worth it after your 90 days.

Cons

Great wolf is a revolving door, You get to know a new employees name and then they're magically gone.

There is no place for advancement in this company, you could be there for five years and be working the same station. Then their are people who have been there for six months and get promoted or a "new Job title" every few weeks. Seems that Options are only open to certain people.

The appreciation of employees is highly under par. especially if you work in the kitchen. The Kitchen Staff cooks for all in house activities. So it feels as if the hotel employees are getting praised but there are employees left out because they're in the back busting their butts to cook for the entire rest of the hotel and the employees. When will F&B get appreciated for being the behind the scenes heros!

Anytime Corporate is in house. They have special BEO's or Ammenties that await them in their rooms. But I think that corporate should see the things that are going wrong. I'm not saying let your company go to pot, but if you see your foods cold, maybe its because we need a new hot well or heat lamp. Find the things wrong instead of wanting to be wooed.

Advice to Management

Management, Realize that you have the employees that will do the hard work for you, and Work six days a week or 16 hour days, but yet you continue to knock them down, time and time again. Its no longer fair to keep putting us through the ringer and having no out come. I Want to be appreciated and haven't in all my time been appreciated.

2. It was a good place to work while I was in school.

Current Employee - Server in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Mason, OH

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

Friendly environment, good tips, good hours.

Cons

If the hotel wasn't booked then there wasn't much money to be made.

Advice to Management

N/A