GreatCall

www.greatcall.com

busy call center

Current Employee - Phone Representative  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Phone Representative in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

benefits are pretty good, there are decent incentives, you can always get help when needed

Cons

not really anything bad, its a busy demanding job, you have to learn a lot and stay up on constant training, and the calls are back to back

keep up on the positive changes

Other reviews for GreatCall

Please look for something better . . . don't get trapped.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

The Call Center front line employees are awesome!

Cons

Micromanagement is the call center's key "strength". . . if you want to look for something that the top tier of the Carlsbad center are good at. Micromanagement should not be confused with directed management . . . there is a difference. Directed management, or providing leadership, is a healthy and expected function of Supervisors/Managers and even CS Directors. Unfortunately, there are some that provide "supervisory oversight" that Lord Over the call center and who practice micromanagement. I do not believe that there is a business school in existence that teaches that micromanagement is a good, or healthy way to motivate or do business.
    Would an small, nitpicky example help? And trust me . . . if you don't do this exactly right, you will be "negatively impacted" on your QA scores. Recently it was handed down to the lower levels in the call center that the "greet" is to now be done verbatim. So what is so wrong with that? Well, when your greet includes "how can I help you?", rather than "how may I help you?", you have a problem. Do you allow your grade school child to say "Can I do this or that" or do you require that they say "May I do this or that"? After all, my mother used to immediately correct me with "I don't know, can you?" Oops . . . sorry Mom . . . "may I?"
    Does Greatcall provide some awesome products? You bet.
    Will you be required to upsell on every single call no matter if the customer just called 5 min ago? Yes!
    If you offer a service as an upsell and the customer accepts the offer, but do not offer it in Exactly the way deemed as correct will your QA be "negatively impacted"? Yes again!

From my heart to yours:
    You will be hired by Greatcall for being inteligent, having great CS skills, and being a person that fits in with our culture. But do you really need this job that badly? I understand that we all need a job and times are still tough. I care about you enough, and so have others, to tell you what the call center is really like. If you are going to work in corporate. . . go for it! 5 Star? Absolutely, you have my blessing and I wish you the best as you will do well. But the call center? No, have more respect for yourself and love for your family to do better.
    Our customers deserve the best service in the world! But you deserve the best as well.

There is a chart posted on the wall of the call center near the breakroom in CS call center. The bottom of that chart is where the real problem is in the call center. Fix that section and your Seniors, Supervisors and Managers will be happier, more productive . . . and your front line employees will be too!

Good company that laid a strong foundation for my future!

Former Employee - 5Star Agent  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - 5Star Agent in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Learned a lot about dispatch that is helping me advance my career in the Fire field. GreatCall and 5Star gave me an opportunity to realize that I really want to help people for a living. My co-workers (many that are now my friends) were always there for me when I needed help or had a question about a protocol. 5Star management always had my back when I challenged a QA. There is room for growth and with the new Reno center the opportunity for advancement seems limitless. The director, Abe Bui and my supervisor, Candace Stoute really believed in us and would never let us give up. Best place I ever worked, bar none.

Cons

Not any "cons" per se, but pay could have been better for the type of stress that we went through from time to time. The outsourced center was always confusing the customers and the 5Star account support team doesn't have the first clue about customer service.

You should consider paying your Urgent Response Agents more. Fix your customer service. Get rid of the outsourced call center.

There are newer employer reviews for GreatCall.

Worked for GreatCall? Contribute to the Community!