Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

www.gmchamber.co.uk
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Nepotism, Incompetence and Unprofessionalism.

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Pros

A great name to have on your Cv as it is highly regarded in the bsuiness community

Cons

There is a culture of nepotism within the Chamber. Favouritism of certain related staff members is the norm. Those not favoured by the management are treated with disrespect and rudeness. Important issues are brushed under the carpet, sack worthy offences are ignored and the victim left to face the embarrassment of seeing the perpertrator showered with praise and more responsibilities. Senior management ignores "good mornings" to staff doesn't know staff names who have worked here for years and breaks confidentialities of staff members on a regular basis infront of other team members. Overall, as a business that "supports" other businesses and is meant to pave the way in terms of policy and government initiatives, there is an appauling gap in the knowledge, performance and behaviour of the management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Opportunity I've Had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Invest in young people - I was given the chance to progress in my role after only 9 months (from starting as a graduate) - Adaptable positions - I have been able to focus on areas where my skills really lie and move away from my weaknesses making the job and role more suitable to me. - Great staff -all of the team are happy to help, whether it's answering a general knowledge question, taking the time out to teach you something or making sure that you know what you are doing. - Managers are very willing to let you take hours off for appointments etc as long as you make it up - very trusting and flexible - Got a much younger culture now, employed graduates and people on scholarships. Everyone gets on and works together as a team.

Cons

- The technology is a bit dated - but this is already being changed

Advice to Management

The only advice I would have given to management is to improve the technology that we work with but this is already happening.

2. Best move I've ever made

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The negative reviews below are obviously out of date. Employees who may have been working in ways that weren't acceptable are no longer employees and the team is a great mixture of people employed for a good number of years and happy to be there, and fresh talent that brings an exciting new perspective and a more vibrant culture. The management and the wider chamber team are working hard not just to deliver better service and achieve some very ambitious goals, but to make this a really good place to work - and I have to say they're doing a great job so far. If you want to gain fantastic experience and exposure to all sorts of businesses, this is the place. No longer part of a bigger group and beholden to historical practices and pressures, this is an organisation with vision, passion and a supportive culture.

Cons

There aren't any as far as I'm concerned.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work