Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

www.gmchamber.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Horrid........

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Pros

Maybe 1 ..... and it is a tenuous one at that..... it may be a nice entry on ones CV, but really that may be a stretch to far!

Cons

Many: The culture of incompetence permeates the whole piece. It realy does beggars belief. I could go on, but it seems. a previous reviewer has beaten me to it. “Nepotism, Incompetence and Unprofessionalism.” Says it all really.... There is litle to add to this.

It seems that the business planning is non existant. There is no clear leadership and substandard practices are sanctioned from the very top.

There needs to be a complete clear out of the senior management and the whole lot of them replaced with people who are "Qualified" to manage an organisation with such a diverse portfolio and a wide ranging remit.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce (View Most Recent)

Nepotism, Incompetence and Unprofessionalism.

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Pros

A great name to have on your Cv as it is highly regarded in the bsuiness community

Cons

There is a culture of nepotism within the Chamber. Favouritism of certain related staff members is the norm. Those not favoured by the management are treated with disrespect and rudeness.
    Important issues are brushed under the carpet, sack worthy offences are ignored and the victim left to face the embarrassment of seeing the perpertrator showered with praise and more responsibilities.

Senior management ignores "good mornings" to staff doesn't know staff names who have worked here for years and breaks confidentialities of staff members on a regular basis infront of other team members.

Overall, as a business that "supports" other businesses and is meant to pave the way in terms of policy and government initiatives, there is an appauling gap in the knowledge, performance and behaviour of the management.

Best Opportunity I've Had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Invest in young people - I was given the chance to progress in my role after only 9 months (from starting as a graduate)
    - Adaptable positions - I have been able to focus on areas where my skills really lie and move away from my weaknesses making the job and role more suitable to me.
    - Great staff -all of the team are happy to help, whether it's answering a general knowledge question, taking the time out to teach you something or making sure that you know what you are doing.
    - Managers are very willing to let you take hours off for appointments etc as long as you make it up - very trusting and flexible
    - Got a much younger culture now, employed graduates and people on scholarships. Everyone gets on and works together as a team.

Cons

- The technology is a bit dated - but this is already being changed

The only advice I would have given to management is to improve the technology that we work with but this is already happening.

There are newer employer reviews for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Worked for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce? Contribute to the Community!