Greatwide Logistics

www.greatwide.com
  www.greatwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Greatwide Logistics

Good pay and good home time, but no set runs/days off. Scratch their backs and they scratch yours.

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Southaven, MS
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Southaven, MS

I have been working at Greatwide Logistics

Pros

Decent pay, most runs home same day. Layover runs back next day for our operation. Mostly new fleet of trucks, decently maintained. Many runs are little to no touch. Detention pay after two hours for store deliveries and backhauls. Stop pay plus mileage pay. Motels paid if you are in a daycab.

Cons

No bid process for runs. You don't know what you are doing the next day until dispatch calls. Many runs are driver assist, either by operating a pallet jack, or pushing while the customer operates pallet jack. Some runs are good, some are hardly worth the commute to the warehouse. Trucks are governed at 62-63 mph. Runs fluctuate when business slows, which is good if you want another day off, but bad if you want to run hard.

Set runs, or days off for proven hard working, and safe drivers. Better communication about policy changes.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Greatwide Logistics (View Most Recent)

Greatwide changes management like I change underwear.....daily!

I have been working at Greatwide Logistics

Pros

Salary is excellent, peers are excellent

Cons

When I would come to work I never knew who my manager would be. Upper management changes daily also. Layoffs and bankruptcies are out of control. You're bound to end up with a manger with less education and experience than you whose biggest concerns are the type of chairs and not moving freight or taking care of the customer and guess who takes the heat for their inabilities.

Stop moving people in and out of positions. We are not reinventing the wheel here we are moving freight. Treat your drivers and your dispatchers with respect. They are the ones saving your butts on a daily basis.

Great People, not a lot of time...

Former Employee - Operation Center Manager
    Former Employee - Operation Center Manager

I worked at Greatwide Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Greatwide is made up of some very dedicated, hard-working individuals. The work allows a lot of autonomy to "run your business" and with that a lot of responsibility! you will learn a ton working with these folks. Pay is very competitive, you just have to negotiate.

Cons

Work/Life Balance does not exist. It Transportation and its a skeleton crew, so you will get the calls in all hours of the night and weekends. and Operations "owns" safety so you will have a ton of Safety duties on top of your Operations work. Cutting out a chunk of time for vacations can be difficult to impossible. and if you go, dont think you are going without your company smartphone and laptop... because you will be!

Try and remember that your field operatives need a break now and then and actually help them to get it. Otherwise, upper management is on the right path for the most part.... just dont forget the human aspect of your teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Greatwide Logistics