Greatwide Logistics
www.greatwide.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good pay and good home time, but no set runs/days off. Scratch their backs and they scratch yours.

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Southaven, MS

I have been working at Greatwide Logistics

ProsDecent pay, most runs home same day. Layover runs back next day for our operation. Mostly new fleet of trucks, decently maintained. Many runs are little to no touch. Detention pay after two hours for store deliveries and backhauls. Stop pay plus mileage pay. Motels paid if you are in a daycab.

ConsNo bid process for runs. You don't know what you are doing the next day until dispatch calls. Many runs are driver assist, either by operating a pallet jack, or pushing while the customer operates pallet jack. Some runs are good, some are hardly worth the commute to the warehouse. Trucks are governed at 62-63 mph. Runs fluctuate when business slows, which is good if you want another day off, but bad if you want to run hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet runs, or days off for proven hard working, and safe drivers. Better communication about policy changes.

Greatwide changes management like I change underwear.....daily!

I have been working at Greatwide Logistics

Pros: Salary is excellent, peers are excellent Cons: When I would come to work I never knew who my manager would be. Upper management changes daily also. Layoffs and bankruptcies are… Advice to Senior Management: Stop moving people in and out of positions. We are not reinventing the wheel here we are moving freight.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you're willing to work, Great Place

Owner Operator (Former Employee)
Temple, TX

I worked at Greatwide Logistics as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Most runs get you home daily. Everyone was nice. Terminals are very small so you get very familiar with all the office personnel. I had… Cons: Some of the backhauls were a pain. I didn't care for the Rio… Advice to Senior Management: None. Good gig. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Greatwide Logistics.

Worked for Greatwide Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greatwide Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Greatwide Logistics CEO Leo H. Suggs. All reviews posted anonymously by Greatwide Logistics employees.