Greeley and Hansen

www.greeley-hansen.com

This is not a "Progressive" company, they only like to pretend that they are.

Pros

My team members and my work.

Cons

Senior Management and HR are self- serving. Stable, really? In the past year, several senior associate engineers, a majority of the partners have left/retired from the company, CFO's have not lasted past 2 years in the past 5 years, you do the math. Top Management is only interested in helping themselves. HR has recently managed to recruit inept individuals. New training programs for a select few, not all staff. A summer hours program that is laughable. Some departments are held accountable for making sure that staff follow the guidelines, others not so much. The new office space that is kept meticulously clean, while the inner workings of the company remain old and as predictable as they pretend not to be. They claim to be progressive but remain in the stone age.

Have your human resources department comport themselves in a professional manner. If we ask questions about our benefits, or need assistance with acquiring information. Please don't give me a dirty look, attitude and tell me that I should already have had the information. Obviously I am asking you because I don't have it anymore. That is why we come to you for help. Oh and by the way, I am not the only employee that has felt the wrath of actually asking a question and being dismissed.

COO, CEO if you are really vested in making your company be progressive, you have to walk the walk. Saying that you are progressive does not make it a fact.

Other reviews for Greeley and Hansen

Intern

Pros

Help promote and cultivate interns. Great culture.

Cons

Flat corporate structure (Engineer, Associate, Principal)

Create a more traditional, layered corporate structure

A rapidly evolving organization with great upside potential going through growing pains

Current Employee - Civil Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

-Opportunity for exposure to all facets of engineering consulting (project delivery, BD, client management) early on in one's career- but need to speak up regarding interest.
    - Never felt like a cog in the system while at this firm; individual attention provided; observed the impacts of a formal annual performance review and goal setting, allowing folks to identify their strengths and leverage them.
    - Willingness to support (financially) innovative business line development

Cons

- Recent retirement of number of senior engineers and principals left gaps in specific niche technical areas
    - Management teams revert to old behaviors when not reminded of commitment to change

- Increase transparency of decisionmaking processes - Just share more with all levels -even the ones that dont need to know
    - Continue to empower employees, seek out the geographies where this is not yet the case and force change
    - Communally celebrate individual achievements on behalf of the firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen.

Worked for Greeley and Hansen? Contribute to the Community!