Greeley and Hansen

www.greeley-hansen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen

When all is said and done, it's a nice place to work

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

The people I work with are very nice, ethical and have strong technical skills. It's great to get to know them personally on the various project teams and I really like the way the firm is organized and approaches the work assignments. For me personally, I have confidence in the leadership and in the direction the company is headed. I find that management is open, approachable, and willing to help you advance in your career. Many people stay with the firm a long time (that may perhaps give some the appearance that this is still an "old school" engineering fiirm), but, honestly, I've seen many positive changes in the time I've been with Greeley and Hansen. Overall, the leadership has made significant progress in the last several years and continues to work hard to grow the firm. I like that.

For me, I feel I'm paid fairly and I like my project team/co-workers. The company has solid employee benefits, new modern office facilities with the latest techology, one-on-one mentoring from my manager, and the company offers various programs that I think positively impacts morale during the course of the year. Overall, I think it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many companies, it's not perfect. Communications could always be improved. Also, with all the changes and hiring taking place, it's sometimes hard to keep up. During peak periods there can be alot of overtime.

Keep doing what you are doing. Not everyone will embrace every change and some people will undoubtedly leave the company, but, in the end, the firm must continue to move forward. Change is hard for some people, don't let that discourage you from doing what you know is right.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Greeley and Hansen (View Most Recent)

Stable and progressive company with nice people to work with

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

Good benefits and programs very comparable to larger companies. Great opportunities for growth. I've been here almost 10 years. Never originally planned to stay here this long, but I've had great opportunities to move ahead here with new assignments and more responsiblility. That's kept things interesting for me. Seems like top management is really trying to step things up and move this company forward from where it was 10 years ago. New training programs for employees, a summer hours program, a new professional looking office space with a more casual and comfortable atmosphere, not boring old school. I like the new direction and hope it leads to even better things for us here.

Cons

Would like to see better communication between office locations, since we have offices spread out in many locations across the country.

Make it a point to talk to employees more. Tell us what is going on all over the company, in the other offices. Keep investing in employees by offering more leadership training sessions firm wide. They really help to keep you motivated.

This is not a "Progressive" company, they only like to pretend that they are.

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

My team members and my work.

Cons

Senior Management and HR are self- serving. Stable, really? In the past year, several senior associate engineers, a majority of the partners have left/retired from the company, CFO's have not lasted past 2 years in the past 5 years, you do the math. Top Management is only interested in helping themselves. HR has recently managed to recruit inept individuals. New training programs for a select few, not all staff. A summer hours program that is laughable. Some departments are held accountable for making sure that staff follow the guidelines, others not so much. The new office space that is kept meticulously clean, while the inner workings of the company remain old and as predictable as they pretend not to be. They claim to be progressive but remain in the stone age.

Have your human resources department comport themselves in a professional manner. If we ask questions about our benefits, or need assistance with acquiring information. Please don't give me a dirty look, attitude and tell me that I should already have had the information. Obviously I am asking you because I don't have it anymore. That is why we come to you for help. Oh and by the way, I am not the only employee that has felt the wrath of actually asking a question and being dismissed.

COO, CEO if you are really vested in making your company be progressive, you have to walk the walk. Saying that you are progressive does not make it a fact.

There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen