Greeley and Hansen

www.greeley-hansen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen

Good Engineers, Bad Management

I worked at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

There are some very talented engineers who work here. They know what they are doing, and will help guide and direct younger staff. Satellite offices are much more laid back than Headquarters or Regional Offices.

Cons

Senior Management has lost focus on the principals and values the Company was founded on. The concern is no longer on the individual and the work, but rather on the "cosmetic" things. They believe that if they look like an attractive company, talented people will flock to them and stay. Stacking your corporate resume with non-engineering awards and achievements does not win work, or keep talent. There has been a great exodus of senior management and owners over the last five years. Additionally, four individuals have held the position of CFO in the last 6-7 years...what does that tell someone?

Stay the course....no one in the industry feels like you are competition anymore and we are all just watching you spiral downhill. BUT... if you want to succeed...you need to make a BIG change at the top...starting with the CEO and COO's.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Greeley and Hansen (View Most Recent)

When all is said and done, it's a nice place to work

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

The people I work with are very nice, ethical and have strong technical skills. It's great to get to know them personally on the various project teams and I really like the way the firm is organized and approaches the work assignments. For me personally, I have confidence in the leadership and in the direction the company is headed. I find that management is open, approachable, and willing to help you advance in your career. Many people stay with the firm a long time (that may perhaps give some the appearance that this is still an "old school" engineering fiirm), but, honestly, I've seen many positive changes in the time I've been with Greeley and Hansen. Overall, the leadership has made significant progress in the last several years and continues to work hard to grow the firm. I like that.

For me, I feel I'm paid fairly and I like my project team/co-workers. The company has solid employee benefits, new modern office facilities with the latest techology, one-on-one mentoring from my manager, and the company offers various programs that I think positively impacts morale during the course of the year. Overall, I think it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many companies, it's not perfect. Communications could always be improved. Also, with all the changes and hiring taking place, it's sometimes hard to keep up. During peak periods there can be alot of overtime.

Keep doing what you are doing. Not everyone will embrace every change and some people will undoubtedly leave the company, but, in the end, the firm must continue to move forward. Change is hard for some people, don't let that discourage you from doing what you know is right.

Stable and progressive company with nice people to work with

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

Good benefits and programs very comparable to larger companies. Great opportunities for growth. I've been here almost 10 years. Never originally planned to stay here this long, but I've had great opportunities to move ahead here with new assignments and more responsiblility. That's kept things interesting for me. Seems like top management is really trying to step things up and move this company forward from where it was 10 years ago. New training programs for employees, a summer hours program, a new professional looking office space with a more casual and comfortable atmosphere, not boring old school. I like the new direction and hope it leads to even better things for us here.

Cons

Would like to see better communication between office locations, since we have offices spread out in many locations across the country.

Make it a point to talk to employees more. Tell us what is going on all over the company, in the other offices. Keep investing in employees by offering more leadership training sessions firm wide. They really help to keep you motivated.

There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen