Greeley and Hansen

www.greeley-hansen.com
  www.greeley-hansen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen

Good peoples but unfortunately, fake upper management and archaic culture turning them away

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some of the most talented and experienced engineers in the industry. Work life balance is adequate and somewhat more relaxed. The senior/experienced engineers are always happy to share their knowledge and patiently teach you things. There is no formal training, though...

Cons

Flat corporate culture. Failure to recognize and appreciate employees. Archaic old-man culture within the management. Just like all the other negatives here, they recently changed the facade, to make it look more progressive and modern, but the soul (if any) is still old. Senior management hardly seen on day to day basis and frankly they don't know anything about their employees. Useless human resources department and it's so hard to find any information on the intranet site, and then you have to fight tooth and nail to get them to explain things to you. The intranet and other multiple links are not well organized or managed.

Take some interest in your employees and listen to them. Really listen. Stop being fake, and stop pretending. Give the younger engineers more guidance and give the experienced engineers more recognition.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Greeley and Hansen (View Most Recent)

Good Engineers, Bad Management

I worked at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

There are some very talented engineers who work here. They know what they are doing, and will help guide and direct younger staff. Satellite offices are much more laid back than Headquarters or Regional Offices.

Cons

Senior Management has lost focus on the principals and values the Company was founded on. The concern is no longer on the individual and the work, but rather on the "cosmetic" things. They believe that if they look like an attractive company, talented people will flock to them and stay. Stacking your corporate resume with non-engineering awards and achievements does not win work, or keep talent. There has been a great exodus of senior management and owners over the last five years. Additionally, four individuals have held the position of CFO in the last 6-7 years...what does that tell someone?

Stay the course....no one in the industry feels like you are competition anymore and we are all just watching you spiral downhill. BUT... if you want to succeed...you need to make a BIG change at the top...starting with the CEO and COO's.

When all is said and done, it's a nice place to work

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

The people I work with are very nice, ethical and have strong technical skills. It's great to get to know them personally on the various project teams and I really like the way the firm is organized and approaches the work assignments. For me personally, I have confidence in the leadership and in the direction the company is headed. I find that management is open, approachable, and willing to help you advance in your career. Many people stay with the firm a long time (that may perhaps give some the appearance that this is still an "old school" engineering fiirm), but, honestly, I've seen many positive changes in the time I've been with Greeley and Hansen. Overall, the leadership has made significant progress in the last several years and continues to work hard to grow the firm. I like that.

For me, I feel I'm paid fairly and I like my project team/co-workers. The company has solid employee benefits, new modern office facilities with the latest techology, one-on-one mentoring from my manager, and the company offers various programs that I think positively impacts morale during the course of the year. Overall, I think it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many companies, it's not perfect. Communications could always be improved. Also, with all the changes and hiring taking place, it's sometimes hard to keep up. During peak periods there can be alot of overtime.

Keep doing what you are doing. Not everyone will embrace every change and some people will undoubtedly leave the company, but, in the end, the firm must continue to move forward. Change is hard for some people, don't let that discourage you from doing what you know is right.

There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen