Green Diamond Resource Company

www.greendiamond.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Green Diamond Resource Company

Great company to work for

Former Employee - General Accountant in Eureka, CA
Former Employee - General Accountant in Eureka, CA

I worked at Green Diamond Resource Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented. Flexible. Professional. Great benefits. Genuine people. Integrity in management.

Cons

Huge downsizing across all of California division over the last decade (in my opinion, based on bad business decisions).

Advice to Management

Make decisions based on long-term profitability (ie; based on 50 year life cycles of the trees you harvest), otherwise, business decisions are short sighted and incongruent with the values the company was founded in.

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful and knowledgeable people at the California Division, but strained market outlook for the product.

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Eureka, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Eureka, CA

I worked at Green Diamond Resource Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The California Division employees are a wonderful group of people with great values and work ethic. They are also highly skilled and knowledgeable in their area, especially the foresters and wildlife technicians. I worked in the accounting department and my coworkers became my second family. I also developed strong friendships with those who worked in other areas of the company such as forestry and lumber manufacturing.

Cons

There was some corporate turnover (headquartered in Seattle) when I left which seemed to shift the corporate culture and strain relations with the California Division. There has also been a decline in business for the Redwood timber and lumber industry which was continuing when I left.