There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot

Incompetent Management

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learn all you can and get the hell out.

Cons

Lack of leadership at every level from top to bottom
Too much politics with the 'old guard' trying to hold to power

Clean house and get rid of the top and mid-level managers.

reviews filtered by

Hated it! Boring, micro-management, little pay, too many politics. Favoritism and no appreciation for the right people!!

Former Employee - Risk Processing (RPO) in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Risk Processing (RPO) in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Green Dot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice new building, co-workers were the best thing there for me. The people I worked with were fun and most felt the same about working at GD. Hated it, wanted the experience and wanted out.

Cons

Repetitive work, boring, micro-management (the managers walk around the floors like cops, just waiting to see if you have your cell phone out, so that they can catch you sending a text and write you up for it. Our department had to track their work on a spreadsheet which took away from time that I could've been working!! They wanted to see if your work matched the timer on the system they use (Footprints) and due to security purposes, you cannot use your cell phone during work hours, only to listen to music, however, if you were caught on your phone it was a write-up; you cannot clock in more than three minutes early and no more than three minutes late when clocking in or out at begining, ending, and lunch time shift/breaks, three times and it's a write-up (ridiculous rules!), I'm so happy I got little experience and got the hell out. An estimated 20 people were laid off and I was so happy when it happened because I had been looking for work and now I'm able to look for something I really enjoy and pays more.

Change EVERYTHING.

2. Worst company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Risk Processing Officer in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Risk Processing Officer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Green Dot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None, job is boring, pay is not good, employees get no freedom.

Cons

Lack of communication!!! They give you an assignment and expect you to know how to work on it right off the bat, they don't even train you well. Also the company is always spying on you and the employees have no freedom!! The pay for rpo is $15 when it should be at least $20!!! For the amount of work. Also they are not open to new ideas, and don't hear what the employees have to say. God forbid you get a job here!

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot