Green Dot

www.greendot.com

hopeful

Product (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsThis is the kind of place where- if you want it to happen you can make it happen. Easy to make friends here. High energy. Most of the negative types have left- so it does not feel heavy here anymore.

ConsA lot LOT of changes this year. Performance-based layoffs which impacted morale- but the teams have been rebuilt and are larger in most cases so the bandwidth is there. Challenging to have one huge customer who can call the shots.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe internal vibe here - people laughing in the lunchroom, new agile teams racing around together to solve problems, seeing the CEO dressed up as a pilgrim reciting poems on thanskgiving - does not match the negative vibe expressed on this site. I know we trimmed the bottom performers on every team this year - maybe they are all here. We don't miss you guys. Stock is up over 100% since last year and revenue is up noticeably and partners have stopped griping about outages that crippled them last year- yes we are doing terribly without you.

"It Is Not All Bad"

Technology (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly, hardworking people Open modern work environment Ping Pong game to relieve stress Flexibility whenever employees need to take care of personal business Shared knowledge cross-fuctionally Excellent med/dental benefits w/low… Cons: Many employees are negative in their thinking, which spreads Venom throughout the company and this makes it hard to remain positive New leadership terminated (not lay-offs)… Advice to Senior Management: The hardest part is behind you, so look forward to better days Also be patient with employees because we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a better place

Techops (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some of these reviews are so negative they are highly suspect. Interesting projects. Good health plan & bennies. A lot more freedom to do things… Cons: All software engineers and IT people should be on a bonus plan not just managers. Yes that means NOC personnel too please. CEO keeps… Advice to Senior Management: Up until one year ago our Production and Business systems could not run for more than 24 hours straight. Could not fail over or be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Green Dot.

Worked for Green Dot? Contribute to the Community!