There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits -- good pricing of health benefits. New executive management team has potential. Good atmosphere to work in -- building is nice and space is pleasing to work in.

Cons

Bring back the 401k match! Better communication -- celebrate successes. Employees should be finding out from company not reading about it in a press release.

Realize that change isn't easy but it's inevitable.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Green Dot (View Most Recent)

hopeful

Current Employee - Product  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is the kind of place where- if you want it to happen you can make it happen. Easy to make friends here. High energy. Most of the negative types have left- so it does not feel heavy here anymore.

Cons

A lot LOT of changes this year. Performance-based layoffs which impacted morale- but the teams have been rebuilt and are larger in most cases so the bandwidth is there. Challenging to have one huge customer who can call the shots.

The internal vibe here - people laughing in the lunchroom, new agile teams racing around together to solve problems, seeing the CEO dressed up as a pilgrim reciting poems on thanskgiving - does not match the negative vibe expressed on this site. I know we trimmed the bottom performers on every team this year - maybe they are all here. We don't miss you guys. Stock is up over 100% since last year and revenue is up noticeably and partners have stopped griping about outages that crippled them last year- yes we are doing terribly without you.

"It Is Not All Bad"

Current Employee - Technology  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, hardworking people
    Open modern work environment
    Ping Pong game to relieve stress
    Flexibility whenever employees need to take care of personal business
    Shared knowledge cross-fuctionally
    Excellent med/dental benefits w/low monthly premiums....PPO is very good!
    An abundance of collaboration work areas and flat screen TVs throughout the building
    Salary is very competitive, even in comparison to larger companies

Cons

Many employees are negative in their thinking, which spreads Venom throughout the company and this makes it hard to remain positive
    New leadership terminated (not lay-offs) a lot of employees this year and now the morale is low but hopefully it will pick up
    The 401(k) matching has been suspended for almost one year now
    It is hard to please everyone
    ******My advice to employees "if you are so unhappy here, please do the employees with a good attitude a favor, and find employment elsewhere"***** we just want to work and make the best of this situation

The hardest part is behind you, so look forward to better days

Also be patient with employees because we are not idiots and we are here by choice and we want to help you achieve organizational goals

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot

Worked for Green Dot? Contribute to the Community!