Green Dot

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot

This Is My Review.

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay for software developers and Quality Assurance. Better than pay at other local companies. Yes we all talk to each other it is easy to compare. This site (pasadena) is better than monrovia site we were at, everyone is in the same building today. Feels like one company.

Cons

not sure how it is at other companies, here it feels like we have to get everything reviewed now. This leads to higher quality yet more hoops to jump through. Though it is obvious when someone does not follow process because things break like the days when I started.

Unstable code from India, this adds extra qa cycles. IT Managers debating over who gets to use Chinese teams instead, trained employees there instead of contract.

A 12 month roadmap was shown a few weeks ago in an IT division meeting. By cto and program management Vice President. I have been here 5+ years it is the first time I have seen an annual roadmap! This was a good thing and new!

Management: morale and understanding of our path would be such higher, if there was more of this.

Company wide, other VPs need to share long term plans. We feel more comfort knowing there is a plan. Rumor is: company is scared roadmaps will leak outside or competitors, so no roadmaps or plans are shared. But it was like lights went on when we were shown this. We feel there is a plan. Now members of our stack are asking about it and excited. Stack should not mean silo, make sure everyone knows the plan even for other stacks. Seeing it changed things positively. For me and a few others at least.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Green Dot (View Most Recent)

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits -- good pricing of health benefits. New executive management team has potential. Good atmosphere to work in -- building is nice and space is pleasing to work in.

Cons

Bring back the 401k match! Better communication -- celebrate successes. Employees should be finding out from company not reading about it in a press release.

Realize that change isn't easy but it's inevitable.

hopeful

Current Employee - Product in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is the kind of place where- if you want it to happen you can make it happen. Easy to make friends here. High energy. Most of the negative types have left- so it does not feel heavy here anymore.

Cons

A lot LOT of changes this year. Performance-based layoffs which impacted morale- but the teams have been rebuilt and are larger in most cases so the bandwidth is there. Challenging to have one huge customer who can call the shots.

The internal vibe here - people laughing in the lunchroom, new agile teams racing around together to solve problems, seeing the CEO dressed up as a pilgrim reciting poems on thanskgiving - does not match the negative vibe expressed on this site. I know we trimmed the bottom performers on every team this year - maybe they are all here. We don't miss you guys. Stock is up over 100% since last year and revenue is up noticeably and partners have stopped griping about outages that crippled them last year- yes we are doing terribly without you.

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot