This Is My Review.

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay for software developers and Quality Assurance. Better than pay at other local companies. Yes we all talk to each other it is easy to compare. This site (pasadena) is better than monrovia site we were at, everyone is in the same building today. Feels like one company.

Cons

not sure how it is at other companies, here it feels like we have to get everything reviewed now. This leads to higher quality yet more hoops to jump through. Though it is obvious when someone does not follow process because things break like the days when I started. Unstable code from India, this adds extra qa cycles. IT Managers debating over who gets to use Chinese teams instead, trained employees there instead of contract.

Advice to Management

A 12 month roadmap was shown a few weeks ago in an IT division meeting. By cto and program management Vice President. I have been here 5+ years it is the first time I have seen an annual roadmap! This was a good thing and new! Management: morale and understanding of our path would be such higher, if there was more of this. Company wide, other VPs need to share long term plans. We feel more comfort knowing there is a plan. Rumor is: company is scared roadmaps will leak outside or competitors, so no roadmaps or plans are shared. But it was like lights went on when we were shown this. We feel there is a plan. Now members of our stack are asking about it and excited. Stack should not mean silo, make sure everyone knows the plan even for other stacks. Seeing it changed things positively. For me and a few others at least.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits -- good pricing of health benefits. New executive management team has potential. Good atmosphere to work in -- building is nice and space is pleasing to work in.

Cons

Bring back the 401k match! Better communication -- celebrate successes. Employees should be finding out from company not reading about it in a press release.

Advice to Management

Realize that change isn't easy but it's inevitable.

Needs improvement

Current Employee - IT Pro in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - IT Pro in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free fruit. Coworkers are helpful and friendly. There are(were?) a lot of talented it people.

Cons

Employees with talent/experience have been leaving at a fast pace, and the skills and experience they had are not being replaced. The company seems to be promoting finger pointing and ass covering, rather than risk taking and innovation.

Advice to Management

Figure out why the talented people keep leaving and stop it. We are a technology company, and its much cheaper to keep talent than it is to find it.