Green Dot

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot

This Is My Review.

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay for software developers and Quality Assurance. Better than pay at other local companies. Yes we all talk to each other it is easy to compare. This site (pasadena) is better than monrovia site we were at, everyone is in the same building today. Feels like one company.

Cons

not sure how it is at other companies, here it feels like we have to get everything reviewed now. This leads to higher quality yet more hoops to jump through. Though it is obvious when someone does not follow process because things break like the days when I started.

Unstable code from India, this adds extra qa cycles. IT Managers debating over who gets to use Chinese teams instead, trained employees there instead of contract.

A 12 month roadmap was shown a few weeks ago in an IT division meeting. By cto and program management Vice President. I have been here 5+ years it is the first time I have seen an annual roadmap! This was a good thing and new!

Management: morale and understanding of our path would be such higher, if there was more of this.

Company wide, other VPs need to share long term plans. We feel more comfort knowing there is a plan. Rumor is: company is scared roadmaps will leak outside or competitors, so no roadmaps or plans are shared. But it was like lights went on when we were shown this. We feel there is a plan. Now members of our stack are asking about it and excited. Stack should not mean silo, make sure everyone knows the plan even for other stacks. Seeing it changed things positively. For me and a few others at least.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Green Dot (View Most Recent)

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits -- good pricing of health benefits. New executive management team has potential. Good atmosphere to work in -- building is nice and space is pleasing to work in.

Cons

Bring back the 401k match! Better communication -- celebrate successes. Employees should be finding out from company not reading about it in a press release.

Realize that change isn't easy but it's inevitable.

"It Is Not All Bad"

Current Employee - Technology in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Green Dot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly, hardworking people
    Open modern work environment
    Ping Pong game to relieve stress
    Flexibility whenever employees need to take care of personal business
    Shared knowledge cross-fuctionally
    Excellent med/dental benefits w/low monthly premiums....PPO is very good!
    An abundance of collaboration work areas and flat screen TVs throughout the building
    Salary is very competitive, even in comparison to larger companies

Cons

Many employees are negative in their thinking, which spreads Venom throughout the company and this makes it hard to remain positive
    New leadership terminated (not lay-offs) a lot of employees this year and now the morale is low but hopefully it will pick up
    The 401(k) matching has been suspended for almost one year now
    It is hard to please everyone
    ******My advice to employees "if you are so unhappy here, please do the employees with a good attitude a favor, and find employment elsewhere"***** we just want to work and make the best of this situation

The hardest part is behind you, so look forward to better days

Also be patient with employees because we are not idiots and we are here by choice and we want to help you achieve organizational goals

There are newer employer reviews for Green Dot