Green Dot

www.greendot.com

Green Dot was the place to be

Director (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsCompetitive salaries (I was always fairly paid), Reasonable work/life balance for the most part, Modern office space (beautiful, lots of light, very convenient for Pasadena folks), Overall smart people (which kept me working there for 5+ years).

ConsUnstable company (has had several rounds of layoffs and is under great competitive pressure), Inconsistent leadership (much of the C-level has changed within the past 1.5 years as well as SOME leadership has minimal experience for their job title), Reduced benefits for managers and support staff (not matching 401K, reduced company events or even work lunches (also within past year).

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the CEO is passionate about the company, this passion tends to stiffen creativity within the teams. Most people want to work on his projects only because budgets and resources are pulled for everything else (unless it's Walmart). While Green Dot would like to be seen as an entrepreneurial tech company, it needs to have a more mature outlook of what can grow its business.

learned alot

Project Manager (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

I worked at Green Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros: people are great, facility is nice Cons: work life balance is a challenge Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

mix of people, disorganized vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Green Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros: - friendly office culture - catered food - flexible work hours &… Cons: - political - disorganized - some of the leadership is in over their head, keep getting promoted even though they cant do their job - unclear vision (never… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Green Dot.

Worked for Green Dot? Contribute to the Community!