Green Schoolhouse Series

There are newer employer reviews for Green Schoolhouse Series

Growing Company -- Need to Be Flexible and Understand the Program

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Partnership Manager in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Senior Corporate Partnership Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Green Schoolhouse Series full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Doing GREAT things for the kids and schools that really need help with new facilities.
Sense of fulfillment that you are doing good and earning a living.
The clients that understand the program are getting results.
Management gave us many Fridays off, fun opportunities for bonuses in team meetings.
Recognized individuals that were going above and beyond in team meetings.

Cons

Lots of change - this is a new venture, so if you are not flexible this is not for you.
Micro management - I understand this has changed.
For sales people you need to be in this for the long haul and be willing to work hard up front, but rewards are definately possible.

reviews filtered by

One of the hardest working groups I've been around...

I worked at Green Schoolhouse Series full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I was working there, all I could think was this company ran like a well-oiled machine. Everyone did their part. The marketing, sales and construction teams work well together. I will root for these guys and look forward to seeing their projects pop up around the country. There is a live feed on the website and it is cool to watch the green schools get built.

Cons

The hours. I was in a situation where I needed much more flexibility than was offered. They had meetings first thing in the morning and last thing in the day, so it was hard to come in late or leave early without feeling quilty and also missing something.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the employees. I think I spent more time interviewing with management then I did when I worked there. They work hard, but they should spend more time getting to know us.

Working at GSHS/Cause and Effect felt promising at first, quickly turned toxic

I worked at Green Schoolhouse Series

Pros

-The employees in all departments (especially the ones that were smart enough to leave the company) were intelligent, hard working, committed, and fun to be around.
    -The company was fueled by big ideas and good intentions (perhaps).
    - At first, before big issues came to light, everyone was motivated and worked well together, and there was an excitement to contribute to this compelling cause.
    - There was an attempt to make the employees feel special.

Cons

- Very poorly mismanaged. From the employees to their finances, nothing was handled professionally.
    - Senior managers have no business experience, and it is unfortunately apparent.
    - Senior managers care more about appearance and perception (the car they drive, cuff links, office decor, even postage & stationary) than substance and the basics of running a business (no written business plan, very poorly developed long-term plans, gross mismanagement of funds).
    - Schedule changes constantly. Fridays off, then Fridays back on, then you can leave at 3 on Fridays, then Fridays back on unless you do X & Y for the week, and so on.
    - Putting in more hours - just physically being there the earliest and leaving the latest - was rewarded over anything else. And overtime was never paid or even offered.
    - Promises made to employees and partners alike (employee incentives to take trips to exotic locations, advertising campaigns, taking a month off during the summer) vs. the ability to afford them did not add up.
    - Interviews were unnecessarily intense and were always strung out for months, due in large part to reschedules. There was a huge lack of respect for people's time.
    - At best, this company is a good idea that simply failed due to poor leadership and a lack of management experience. At worst, this company is a scam that has left dozens of hard working employees underpaid and will leave dozens of paid corporate sponsors with unfulfilled promises.

There are newer employer reviews for Green Schoolhouse Series