Greene Resources

There are newer employer reviews for Greene Resources

Middle-of-the-road temp agency

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Some of the employees are very personable and care about finding the right placement for their employees
-Has mostly office admin jobs
-HR is responsive
-Smaller company than most temp agencies

Cons

-Did not support temps at all during several conflicts between the temp and their placement company
-Offers terrible health insurance and ONE day off after 6 months on the job
-My hourly wage decreased with each assignment

Temps are already marginalized and I would appreciate some attempt to advocate for us, not your client company.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Greene Resources (View Most Recent)

Greene Resources has no loyalty to their contract employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Good list of clients. Nice CEO.

Cons

I worked for a company as a contract employee thru Greene Resources. During that time I was promised it would turn permanent in 3 months. Agency kept in touch with me and told me about the high praises they were receiving about my work. 3 months turned into 6 months, then 9 months. I turned down other outside contract opportunities b/c Greene kept telling me that this company would hire me. Greene kept telling me to hang in there as I was doing a wonderful job. I met other contract workers at the company who complained that Greene only cared about keeping the client happy. I didn't believe it since I got along with the Greene staff. When I made a year, they escorted me out the door and they never called me again. I've been out of work for 7 months now. That was my reward for being a good Greene Resources employee and hanging in there.

Treat your employees like you would want to be treated if you were a contract employee. What you are doing to really nice people will not go unnoticed.

Policy is more important than productivity

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Durham, NC

I worked at Greene Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They got me a job and seemed adequate at the basics.

Cons

Bad communication with client company. Will fire productive, hard-working employees if they get sick and involuntarily violate their attendance policy.

If an employee makes an arrangement as a condition of employment make sure your recruiters communicate that arrangement to the client company. Check with supervisors and technicians about the productivity and value of an employee before firing them for missing work due to matters beyond their control. You should know that the communication is so bad that I had to break the news of my termination to my supervisor the night I cleaned out my locker. He was shocked and not happy. Your adherence to policy over productivity means that now I have to explain to potential employers that I was fired for getting sick and missing two days - period. But as one would imagine, that's a tough sell since it leaves potential employers suspicious as though there must be some other reason I was terminated.

There are newer employer reviews for Greene Resources