Greenfield Advisors

Management isn't Perfect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Greenfield Advisors

Pros

Excellent benefits (100% paid for employees, their family and/or domestic partners)
Flexible work schedule
Reasonable policies and procedures: they guide but don't restrict
Collaborative environment
Employees are treated like adults -- its presumed they'll be honest and work hard.
Good pay (although we always think we're worth more!)
World-class deliverables: We're unique. We're the best. We know it.
We got rid of a lot of 'deadwood' (employees) in the last year, and it shows in improved morale and productivity.

People who enjoy carving out a unique role for themselves do well in this company. There is a lot of room for growth, as well as a lot of support for you to increase your skill set and knowledge base. if you need to be told what to do -- don't work here. This is a place for people with creativity and initiative.

Cons

Performance metrics are non-existent or so fluid it is hard to get a sense of what we're really being measured on.
Treating people like adults is great on paper, but when clever amployees spend a lot of time *talking* and not working they are abusing the system.
The collaborative atmosphere is great, except when employees cover up other's poor work habits -- which makes it impossible for managment to fix the issue. That happens less now, and the worst of the slacker employees are gone, but it really caused problems.

Get serious about what you want our company values to be, and then support those values, literally. Hire only the best (you're doing better at that.) We're a pretty lean company now, but if we get a few more excellent hires we'll remain lean while improving our productivity. Stay flexible and willing to listen to us, but use outside information to corrobate decisions and goals.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Greenfield Advisors (View Most Recent)

Everything is not as it seems.

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Greenfield Advisors

Pros

Projects that are very unique and challenging

Cons

Internally unprofessional. Some employees actually get paid and do nothing. Clients are not given the service they deserve. Vey high turnover rate.

Be honost with new hires about the company and the postion.

Ambitious and creative workplace

I have been working at Greenfield Advisors

Pros

Promotion opportunities are there if you show management that you want it.

Cons

Sometimes the work can get monotonous; make sure real estate (or at least statistics) is a passion.

There are newer employer reviews for Greenfield Advisors