Greenleaf Hospitality Group

Positive and rewarding

Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Greenleaf Hospitality Group

Pros

This organization truly cares about the development of their people and the community they serve. There is a great leadership that is willing to invest time and effort to make sure they are the best in the community.

Cons

Although, they care about your development they are a small organization with only a few opportunities for upward growth and development.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people.....although there have been a lot of organizational changes this year, I think people the opportunities that you have given them despite all the lay offs

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I'm a cook that live cooks breakfast for a variety of international guests in an open kitchen.

Current Employee - Cook in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Cook in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Greenleaf Hospitality Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a very tight knit , family like, family oriented environment. They use you to the best of your talents and work on developing them. It's very fun, positive,laid back, with well controlled chaos during our busy times. I love it and every single person I work with.

Cons

They are very slow to give pay raises. I have been with the company for several years and have learned many things, yet my salary reflects only a $0.50/hour increase. I think that is my only complaint. They treat everyone fairly with the utmost respect. A great company to work for.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue with the verbal praise and recognition. It really does go a long way. I think more frequent/regularly scheduled pay raises would keep all of our employees happier and further motivated.

2. Over promise/Under deliver.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Greenleaf Hospitality Group

Pros

Wonderful benefits. You have a lot of rope to make your own decisions.

Cons

You must drink the Kool-Aid. Forget about experience and knowledge, you gotta buy into what they are selling. If you don't SEE YA! Keep a lot of dead weight around just because they are likable.
    Honest and Honorable is a Core Value, yet executive team members don't adhere.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people because you like them. It also wouldn't hurt to admit you are wrong on some things.