Greenplum

It's great!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Greenplum

Pros

It's a cool place to work. The team has a passion like a start-up. Meanwhile, you can enjoy all the perks from a big company. It's a perfect combination.

Cons

You need to be prepared that the code you produce may not be used in the product. Technology changes. But it might be the same elsewhere.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Greenplum (View Most Recent)

Smart engineers, but lack good leadership.

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Greenplum

Pros

Emerging technology, smart people, good work life balance

Cons

Working infrastructure is terrible, ver small cube environment, and sometimes find my self working in my car for phone conversations. no land lines, everyone uses thier own mobile phones to conduct business.

get involved with the people getting the work done. get a better working environment that is condusive to engineering and administrative support.get some phones!

Love the company - not the culture

I have been working at Greenplum

Pros

Love the way everyone has such a strong beliefe in what they are doing and the products they are producing. There are excellent opporunities for learning and employees have the ability to balance both home and work. The teams take a lot of pride in what they create and they are very proud of their accomplisments. The atmosphere of a start up is energizing and agile.

Cons

The facilities are less than ideal for our part of the organization. We are split between 5 suites and one is set up with call center sized cubes. The culture is very difficult to adapt to and having to get a consensus before implimenting something is not conducive for effective business. Administrative support is limited to one person for all of Engineering (5 suites).

Fix the facilities and cohesiveness. We are loosing good candidates because of the office space. Look at relocation to a better building.

There are newer employer reviews for Greenplum