Greenville Hospital System

www.ghs.org
  www.ghs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Greenville Hospital System

Mixed signals in the IS group

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at Greenville Hospital System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are very welcoming and genuine. The company seems to value diversity and healthy living (which is nice, since it is a hospital). PTO very generous, and salary was very competitive (if you have the right degrees, certifications, etc.)

Cons

Information Systems group is a mess. They recently layed-off 30 people, so everyone is constantly watching their back, and no one shares knowledge (so that they will maintain their value). A number of directors and high-level IS leaders were brought in from a Florida hospital system, where they had previously been dismissed. They are trying to make GHS like Health First in Florida, instead of seizing on the positive elements that already exist in the company today. No real processes and no consistency in how to get things done from one day to another. IS group is easily 10-15 years behind the times in technology as well as process.

Don't sell people on what you wish the company would be - tell them what is it so that it's not a shock when they arrive and immediately want to get out.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Greenville Hospital System (View Most Recent)

Hospital

Current Employee - CNA in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, most staff is friendly and helpful.

Cons

HR department is very unorganized. I had to apply for a job twice even after I had already been offered the job. Hard to get applications pushed through to the correct departments for hiring.

Re-vamp HR department.

I love my job

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am well compensated for the work I do, my managers and coworkers are capable of completing tasks assigned to them and are very aware of the environment and needs of the persons we are providing care to, and the atmosphere is an atmosphere of safety and client focused care

Cons

It would be a much better place if there were more opportunities for growth. I would also appreciate more support staff in some areas.

Upper management would benefit from spending more time in the various locations. It is understandable that GMMC is the "hub" of services, but those in outlying facilities feel that they are often overlooked

There are newer employer reviews for Greenville Hospital System