There are newer employer reviews for Greenway Health

Not what it claimed to be. Hope you like working 60+ hours a week

Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, GA
Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, but that's about it

Cons

Actual job description did not match what I was told I would be doing. Poor benefits (expensive, no 401k match), some of the coworkers (but not all) are in it for themselves and will do whatever they can to make themselves look good ,no on the job training, no work / life balance (they expected you to work 60+ hours a week and put the company ahead of family no matter what).

Need to seriously reevaluate some of you leadership. Especially some of the ones that have been there for years.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Greenway Health (View Most Recent)

Lacks Innovation, Lacks Direction, Lacks Moral Integrity

I worked at Greenway Health

Pros

There are some really great people that work there

Cons

To begin with I left Greenway by my choosing, I was not fired or let go.

Greenway's core application has barely been updated for years. In software terms, they have fallen behind by a generation.

They lack the ability to draw talent to work out of a small town in GA and really should open a satellite office in a major city.

They are very dishonest about expected compensation.

They have a very tight clique near the top that seems more like a fraternity and less like a company. It's caused them to position high level personnel completely lacking in leadership qualities. This would be great if it was a 20 person company but it has outgrown their college mentality.

My main issue with the company that causes such a poor review is not the above mentioned problems. Every company has problems. It's that Greenway actively markets itself as wholesome and pious both externally and internally. At the same time, management looks the other way when a variety of very public misconduct takes place. It's a "Do as I say" mentality there. The consequences of misconduct have reverberated throughout the company. Promotions were given to people who were "willing to play the game." I have witnessed a variety of misconduct during my entire career but never so much from one company that says it's so wholesome. If my name was on the company (or my father's name) I would have to step back and ask myself, "Is this how I want to honor him and my family name?"

If you want one story that completely highlights what this company is about the following should suffice. An employee of Greenway went on FMLA in 2012 due to cancer. He was in sales. He came off FMLA in June and was fired in August. This employee was a sales person in an environment where the sales cycle is probably 6 months on average. He also made his quota in recent history. He wasn't fired due to cuts, he was fired due to performance.

One last thing and I am afraid this will remove this review from this website but I think it is very relevant especially if you fall under this category. If your personal "beliefs" do not line up with those "beliefs" of the company, you may not be hired (I witnessed this first hand) or you may not have much of a future at this company. It's sad, but in 2013 there are still companies that operate with a 1920s mentality.

Sell the company and cash out before you run it into the ground and destroy many peoples' careers

Greenway plans to reach for the stars but falls short on vision and commitment

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People that actually do creative works who develop the solutions are friendly, cooperative, and helpful. Administrators and personnel are nice.

Cons

Rushed, short-cut approach in developing project items, lack of care for quality. Company interest is mostly sales-oriented, where customer is sold and promised a tall order of features that push the developers and support people to limits. Overtime required to fix issues while trying to develop new features. Management lacks communication, team leadership, and organizational skills, focuses on delivery schedules.

Senior managers/directors should share company and project visions, be capable of inspiring the team. Checking the status of tasks on a line-item basis in meetings should not be the extent of their duties. The leaders who originally started the company had that vision, but as the company grew these values disappeared with inexperienced managers, original founders need to take a hard look at the skills of the new directors and advise accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Greenway Health