No "Greenway family" left post-merger

Former Employee - Technical Writer/Project Manager in Carrollton, GA
Former Employee - Technical Writer/Project Manager in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedules, teleworking, great facilities

Cons

expected work hours, salaries, job security, advancement opportunities are all very poor; it's just another big company looking to take advantage of you.

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed of how you treated the employees who were downsized after the merger. Communications and leadership have always been problematic. The Greenway "family" used to make up for the low salaries, expectations of constant 60+ hour weeks, lack of leadership and direction, etc. It does not since the merger. There's no family left. If you don't start focusing on your real resources - the people who work for you - instead of just talking about it, the future does not look good. If you'll dump 13 years of high quality work with no warning, you'll do anything to anyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Greenway Health

1. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK

Former Employee - Management in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Management in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LOCAL AND CAN WORK REMOTE IF NEED BE

Cons

Lack of qualified Senior Leadership Very unqualified management running departments

Advice to Management

Greenway is no company that I would recommend to anyone I know looking for a job. An employee is just a number now. They expect you to work 24/7. And for the company to say that "no Greenway family" left post merger is a direct LIE. They laid people off that had been there for 14 years. Senior Leadership and HR "hide" complaints of upper management so nothing becomes of it. They will let top notch employees walk out the door. I do not see Greenway being staple very long because of them allowing people to run departments that are not qualified and for the lack of business decisions being made. So this is definitely NOT a company that you need to consider for employment. You need to do your own full investigation into the company and look at all the legal complaints made against them and some of the senior leadership. Ten years ago it was a great company. But sometimes you have companies that "outgrow" what they can handle and do not know how to run a company to the magnitude it has become. And in a small town like Carrollton you become "friends" and you can't separate business from personal and that is what has happened.

2. Drinking through a firehose

Former Employee - Applications Developer I in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Applications Developer I in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a very patient and supportive team lead.

Cons

Employees were somewhat cliquish. Pay sucked. As the last tier of support, the pressure was on to fix problems.

Advice to Management

None. Just was not the right job for me.