There are newer employer reviews for Greenway Health

With time comes change. Work ethic and the ability to be flexible within the company is key to success at Greenway.

Current Contractor - Insurance AR Specialist in Carrollton, GA
Current Contractor - Insurance AR Specialist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at Greenway, in a large company atmosphere, exposes the employees to many job titles and levels of management. This has personally helped me to gain knowledge within each department and to understand how the company works as a whole. I am given room to improve my strengths and to see weaknesses that can be developed. This allows positive outcomes for my future employment and the future of Greenway. Time-off has been very generous. Keeping employees constantly updated with changes and upcoming events have been very helpful and squelches hear-say very quickly.

Cons

The cons, so far, have been a lack of continuity in the new employee training for the RCM (revenue cycle management department). Some of this is due to changes within the companies' management. However, a lack of upper management acting on this vast issue has been slow in its progress of implementation. Also, a degree of immaturity among many in this department, including management, has been a thorn in my side. Personal business should stay out of the workplace along with vulgar language and jokes about (immature) habits discussed as daily conversation.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to look at each employee's work ethic along with their abilities and accomplishments when identifying someone for a promotion. Also, implementing a team meeting once a week within each "team," would be wise. That way discussions of how-to's can be bounced off of one another for quicker access of knowledge and data to help streamline the departments daily work-flow. As of yet, I haven't seen one meeting that applies to the day-to day- operations of the RCM department for daily work-flow. I've seen many employees, including myself, flying by the seat of their pants, trying to access data that could have been easily accessed by meeting within the team's established employees. Poor set-up of teams is causing stress and pressure on management when all that is needed is to set a standard, basic plan of how to work the daily flow of a "site." Also, an introduction of new team members would be proper and allow the new employees to feel welcomed onto the team and keep them motivated for when they need support. I am always surprised to see a new team member coming on board without even a name being mentioned.

reviews filtered by
  1. It's a job…

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work directly with are great people. I'm learning something new every day and I am challenged. It's a job for me for experience and where I can learn.

Cons

Many people are underqualified for their positions and inexperienced. There are lots of directors and people at that level and above but many missing layers of middle management to manage groups and day to day operations. They say they value feedback but when given, it feels as if they don't listen or don't care. No performance reviews, no salary reviews, reduction in benefits and horribly expensive health benefits. Remind me again why I came to work here? It's a job, but not anything I feel passionate about and that has been disappointing to me.

Advice to Management

Decisions are made at the executive level don't seem to make sense. On company calls it's the same song and dance every other employer I've worked for has said. You are great, you are awesome, you are the reason we are successful yet the benefits, compensation and culture does not represent this. It's a shame because this company could be a GREAT place to work. I was excited to work here, and I feel let down.

Driven by greed

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great.

Cons

This company acquired a company that I worked for and drastically reduced the workforce without regard for the employees or the impact on the clients.