Greenwich Associates

There are newer employer reviews for Greenwich Associates

Interesting work; Lousy pay

Current Employee - Executive Interviewer in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Executive Interviewer in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Greenwich Associates part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The conversations I have with the executives who I interview are frequently very interesting and illuminating. Service company provides can be very valuable to clients.

Cons

However, it takes hours and hours to complete all the work it takes to get paid (i.e. the write-ups; the invoices; the repeat phone calls; the poorly worded questionnaires). Frankly, I would not do this unless I thought it was giving me more knowledge about asset management and institutional investors.

Mgt needs to incent and compensate Interviewers much more than they currently do. If the quality of the info they obtain for their clients is not of the highest quality, then the advice they give to their clients will be misleading. Also, for a company whose sole product is based on information, they really need to update their IT infrastructure completely.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Greenwich Associates (View Most Recent)

Very Long Hours for Little Pay and No Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - Client Associate Level I in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Client Associate Level I in Stamford, CT

I worked at Greenwich Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some analysts are intelligent and you have access to senior management/consultants. The casual dress policy makes the environment laid back. The work at times can be interesting.

Cons

The pay is very low given the long hours (12-hour days are normal). The company provides very little growth opportunity. Many Client Associates leave after a year because they realize they are stuck receiving very little pay, working long hours, and can't advance their careers in meaningful ways. Nepotism runs rampant at all levels of the company and high turnover causes increased pressure.

Hire more people to reduce the workload and pressure or pay your employees more. Unless changes are made, employees will continue to leave for better opportunities after a very short time.

Don't expect a career here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I worked at Greenwich Associates

Pros

The GA Thanksgiving Dinner (if they silll do that, I left in 2005)
    Good Life Work Balance (except for month end and year end)
    The L&D department makes an effort to educate non Partners/Consultants/RAs about the financial world
    Departments run lean and mean so you get to wear many hats. No silos here

Cons

Inbred hiring process
    Promotions are patronage driven
    If your not a Patrner/Consultant/RA, you are treated like scum
    Support Teams dont respect deadlines and are vey quick to throw you under the bus
    CFO wants everything yesterday
    Hearing the recording "You have reached the Greenwich Associates Snow Line, The office is open for business" when there is over a foot of snow outside your door.

Your support teams may not have the Ivy League background but you can still show them a little dignity and respect
    Pay a compettiive wage