There are newer employer reviews for Greenwich Associates

Relationships Manager

Former Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Greenwich Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have every worked with

Cons

Slow to embrace forward looking analysis. Trend data only.

Nedd to look forward

41 Other Employee Reviews for Greenwich Associates (View Most Recent)

Poor Management, No Direction, No Opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Greenwich Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The office location was pretty good since it wasn't in downtown Stamford but still close enough to civilization. Summer hours were a plus. Time off policy was good.

Cons

There are very few "managers" there. Oh, there are many Managers but only a few actually know how to manage. And that's a top-down issue within the organization. Since bad managers can't teach new managers how to be good managers, the issue perpetuates. It seems like some managers can get away with almost anything with no repercussions.

They've hired a lot of senior level people over the last year or two and have let go many of the people who were actually successfully getting things done. Obviously, you can't bring in that level of personnel without having a way to pay for them. Since I don't believe they have increased revenue to substantiate these cost increases, they've made cuts elsewhere.

There are zero opportunities for growth within the organization. Don't even think about advancing your career here.

The organization has no direction. I do think they have somewhat of an idea about where they would ultimately like the company to be but they have no real understanding of what to do to get it there.

There is a real conflict of interest in having consultants, many of which who are also partners, having their hands in day-to-day operations. Their clients say "jump" and they want to jump, which is the nature of the salesman in them. Having a stake in the firm in some ways gives them the authority to push these demands through the pipeline with litle regard for the operations impact/cost.

Some of your departments have literally imploded over the last 15 months or so (secret, unexplained layoffs and terminations, short-notice voluntary resignations/retirements, etc.) which also happens to coincide with a few events/changes that occurred within the organization. When teams falls apart like that, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there is a larger issue at play. Sometimes the "face" of a team/dept is not necessarily who is really driving the success of that team and holding things together.

Learn how to promote from within. And I don't mean just giving somebody a new title with the same responsibilities.

Get consultants completely out of the operations area. Some of these guys are incredibly intelligent and very good sales people but that does not make them operational experts. Sales should manage sales and Ops should manage ops.

Interesting work; Lousy pay

Current Employee - Executive Interviewer  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Interviewer in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Greenwich Associates part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The conversations I have with the executives who I interview are frequently very interesting and illuminating. Service company provides can be very valuable to clients.

Cons

However, it takes hours and hours to complete all the work it takes to get paid (i.e. the write-ups; the invoices; the repeat phone calls; the poorly worded questionnaires). Frankly, I would not do this unless I thought it was giving me more knowledge about asset management and institutional investors.

Mgt needs to incent and compensate Interviewers much more than they currently do. If the quality of the info they obtain for their clients is not of the highest quality, then the advice they give to their clients will be misleading. Also, for a company whose sole product is based on information, they really need to update their IT infrastructure completely.

There are newer employer reviews for Greenwich Associates

Worked for Greenwich Associates? Contribute to the Community!