There are newer employer reviews for Greenwood Hall

Decent entry-level job, but not a long-term career.

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Santa Ana, CA
Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Greenwood Hall

Pros

It is a casual work environment. The job presents an opportunity to learn about university admissions and financial aid.

Cons

This is basically a telemarketing job where you are on the phone 8 hours a day and are required to meet sales goals. The company micromanages employees and there is little room for advancement. Not all of the managers have a college degree so there is a lack of respect from others who are well-educated and paid less. The company recently lost a primary account and experienced a major layoff.

Listen to employees on the front line because they are well-educated, intelligent, and have more to contribute to the success of the organization. Compensate your employees to attract and retain the best.

reviews filtered by
  1. Investors are trying to buy this place! Stay away!

Current Employee - Admisssions
    Current Employee - Admisssions

I have been working at Greenwood Hall full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some great hires, and a few good schools.

Cons

The managing staff at G&H are incompetent in keeping schools as they (way!) over promise and under deliver. If a school is reading this, please look elsewhere for your needs. As of now, there are investors from for-profit entities looking at buying out portion of this organization. The checks bounce, we dont have direct deposit, and some of the upper management are clueless.

I would clean house, starting for the higher up's. You would be surprised who is loyal in your organization . Advice to new schools STAY AWAY. If you do decide to go with these folks, make sure you sign a short term contract with stipulations to save your organization from any issues.

2. Love Working at Greenwood Hall

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Greenwood Hall full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really don't understand some of the negative reviews. I know there was some issues a while back with payroll but those have been dealt with. I know there was some change in ownership. I have been working here for over six months now and I can say it's one of the best jobs I have had. My Boss is great. If I need time off for something it's given with pay as there is PTO. They feed us lunch(like In-N Out, I have gained ten pounds since I have been here) every other Thursday before pay day. You also get your Birthday off paid. I mean what more could you ask for.
    They even have a committee dedicated to make things more fun in the office with activities.
    As far as my work goes I love that too. It's just doing Customer Service for a University. I even had some issues with my hand from typing and the mouse . I explained this to HR and was put at ease and they ordered me a new mouse and keyboard that would help with the situation. I am very happy here and plan to stay.

Cons

I do wish they had direct deposit but I know it's something that is being worked on.

Keep doing the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for Greenwood Hall