Grey Group

www.grey.com
There are newer employer reviews for Grey Group

Great company

I worked at Grey Group

Pros

Great company - loved working there

Cons

Great training ground for media planners

127 Other Employee Reviews for Grey Group (View Most Recent)

Great Brand, Great Ideas

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I worked at Grey Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No end of work in a fast paced client driven self starter reliant organization with a long history building products from nothing into mainstays of global households - these are the folks that "invented" tide as an empty box for P&G to put something side of.

Cons

Its more like a raft of small companies adrift on a sea of uncertainty lashed together by the corporate masthead often moving in different directions with no greater goal than revenue - where's the actual mission?

Stop staring at the bottom line.

Grey is a cool company but there are many systematic issues that needs changing!

Former Employee - Former Creative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Former Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Grey Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

> Beautiful office space top to bottom; has a very contemporary look that is indeed unique!

- Buzzfeed.com, Tiffany & Co, and other big name companies are also residents in this lavish space

- A glass surrounding interior courtyard is very beautiful to look at and even better that you can go outside when it's nice. Gotta add an amazing upper rooftop that has a beautiful NYC view and nice amenities to complement

> Name recognition is huge as Grey is one of THE most respected creative shops in advertising period. This holds true as one huge business acquisition last year easily gave us the title of Global Agency of The Year 2013!

> A pretty diverse culture here as we have many different cultures to set a decent balance in the office.

> Location is pretty awesome as we're literally next door to great eateries like Shake Shack, Eately, Edo Sushi, Sushi Samba, Resto, and more (you get the idea)

> The agency is a behemoth as we've grown for over a decade! Grey has one of the longest standing relationships w/ clients in the industry as you'll definitely hear them say it all the time

- There are many account teams, strategists, and creative people that offers an endless amount of resources for any employee to leverage

- Really Really smart people overall which is telling for a Creative shop in NY

Cons

> Grey just like any other shop has blemishes that needs to be taken with each dose

- Although people are very smart @ Grey, I believe many of them are a bit narcissistic and unrealistic on reality that this is still an agency shop like any other

- Many employees can become very cliquey. It's like HS again when people try to be the cool kids on the block

- Since acquiring new huge accounts, the attention seems to gravitate towards the new accounts or the sexy name accounts rather than those that has been here the longest and spent money for a long time which is ironic since we teach our clients that it's cheaper and more effective to retain customers than to spend money on acquiring new hot name clients that'll flee in a split second

- A huge problem w/ the company is HR!!! They're arguably the most inept group of people I've seen in years. There's a huge disconnect b/n employees and HR especially how they treat us like just another cog in the wheel mentality.

- Work/Life balance is not ubiquitous at Grey although I've notice many that come in late at 9:45am and leave around 5:30 or earlier which is laughable since I work late pretty much every night.

Please offer better training, bonuses, and growth! It's important that Grey realizes that people not executives make the company to what it is. If you offer your employees growth & prosperity they'll exemplify loyalty thru good times and bad. Remember, people will grow professionally with or without you eventually as you'll need talent to keep the engine going.

There are newer employer reviews for Grey Group