There are newer employer reviews for Greyhound

An comfortable job if your trying to gain experience with all types of people

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Greyhound

Pros

Exposed me to the many personalities of people when it comes to needing to get from point a to point b. This job made me better for future jobs especially working in the inner city and dealing with all types of people. Schemers at it's best. If you don't have the patience, it isn't for you. Customer Service has to be the main focus and a level head.

Cons

The management we're good but then they laid alot of workers off which I felt was because they were threatened of their jobs being replaced. The chances are being high in management is slim when you are very smart. They want you to be a doll and don't want you to have much of an opinion to better the atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who deal first hand with the public. Your business wouldn't be anything without them. A machine isn't the answer to the problems. But than again, most management in companies that are doing bad thing like robots/machines and wonder why they don't progress.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

interesting

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Greyhound

Pros

Overall Job Stability with the company is good. In the respect that it has a good market share in the transportation industry.

Cons

No growth for educationally adavced persons. Most persons hired do not have college level education or above; therefore, the level of foresight and proactivity to trends is dramatically reduced. Consequently, causing disparity within the ranks.

Advice to Management

To analyze the trends and implement programs and policies that would address the companys overall preformance to be more engaging in the future

Great

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Greyhound

Pros

ralaxed schedule and good people around

Cons

not paying very well indeed

Advice to Management

Training to promote