Greyhound
www.greyhound.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

It's a good job once you have enough seniority to have your own run and not be "on call"

Motorcoach Operator (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsPay is good. Once you leave the bus station, you are on your own. Nobody looking over your shoulder. If you have a good bus, and good passengers, then you can really have a great day.

ConsIn all transportation, you are on call when you are first hired. Basically, at Greyhound, you have no life until you build up seniority. You are a slave to the telephone. You will not get to enjoy the holiday's, but they warn you about that when they hire you. Dealing with the traveling public can be frustrating also. Have to deal with drunks, mental, and just sometimes mean people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is trying to turn things around because of the added pressure of Megabus and other bus lines. They should really try to turn the culture around. A lot of drivers look at passengers as "the enemy". These people pay to ride, not to be treated any kind of way.

An comfortable job if your trying to gain experience with all types of people

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Greyhound

Pros: Exposed me to the many personalities of people when it comes to needing to get from point a to point b. This job made me… Cons: The management we're good but then they laid alot of workers off which I felt was because they were threatened of their jobs being replaced.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people who deal first hand with the public. Your business wouldn't be anything without them. A machine isn't the answer… More

interesting

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Greyhound

Pros: Overall Job Stability with the company is good. In the… Cons: No growth for educationally adavced persons. Most persons hired do not have college level education or above;… Advice to Senior Management: To analyze the trends and implement programs and policies that would… More
There are newer reviews on Greyhound.

Worked for Greyhound? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greyhound reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Greyhound CEO Dave Leach. All reviews posted anonymously by Greyhound employees.