Greyhound

There are newer employer reviews for Greyhound

Go Greyhound ?

Current Employee - Professional Operator in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Professional Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Greyhound full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Good for people who like to travel

Cons

Poor working conditions, old equipment (Buses and terminal). Lack of security screening at terminals

Adversarial relationonship between Drivers and management makes job difficult . Not having good working equipment, clean safe working environment(ie bus rest rooms, customer security screening). Overall I enjoy working with 98% of my co workers but sometimes feel I am put in situations were I cannot perform my job to the best of my abliity and provide the best service to the customer because of management decisions.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Greyhound (View Most Recent)

Not the most rewarding job ever,but there's room for advancement.

Current Employee - Platform Service Agent in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Platform Service Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Greyhound full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work with great people with good personalities. If you show a willingness to learn more about the job there is room for you to advance.

Cons

They try to get by with as few staff members on a shift as possible.If labor costs are low then management will receive larger bonuses. This only causes employees to have to work twice as hard for the same amount of money. They also do their best to keep everyone under 40 hours a week and most under 30 hours.

Overall a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Greyhound

Pros

Current management does a good job empoyering employees to make grade level appropriate decisions. Management also does a good job communicating information through the various levels of the organization.

Cons

The company is still very traditional in area of flexible work hours and tele-commuting for corporate employees. They still require pretty much normal business hours and 100% in office attendence everyday with virtually no flexibility. Overtime hours can also be expected depending on the job level making work / family life balance issues a little bit of a struggle.

Would prefer to have better flex and/or tele-commuting options avaialble to help better balance work/family life. In addition more professional training programs for the employees such as managerial, time management, computer training etc. would be helpful. Overall though it is a good company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Greyhound