There are newer employer reviews for Greythorn

A great place to jump start your career

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internal staff are able to run their own mini-business also known as a "vertical market" - they choose a niche area and learn the ins and outs of that market. Although Greythorn has been in the US for over 10 years, the acquisition by the FiveTen Group definitely opened the door for greater opportunity. In the last two years, they have climbed the ranks of all of their vertical markets, including Healthcare IT, with an unparalleled appetite to succeed.

Cons

There are still some kinks to work out as the business grows and roles change, but that comes with any business. As a global company, sometimes work/life balance is impacted due to the difference in time zones. If you know how to manage that, it's no problem at all.

Advice to Management

Utilize communication channels to the fullest- consult your direct reports when working on projects and understand your role within the business. Many recruiters, sales people, managers, etc. are quick to adopt a "survival of the fittest" mentality, but with the right coaching - everyone can be successful and collaborative. Win, win!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Was once a great company

Former Employee - Recruiter in City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at Greythorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent culture before take over Staff felt valued Collaborative approach Good Commission

Cons

Private equity company took over and all the good people left Poor Management Reduction in pay structure

Advice to Management

Managers, your staff are the people the make a company – We are not in school and the “boys club” culture is not acceptable.

2. IT Project Manager Contract

Former Contractor - Senior IT Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Senior IT Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Greythorn as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greythorn took great care of me. They were there for me anytime I needed them. In the 7+ years with them I always received my check on time, something not all contractor's working through other agencies are able to say I've found. My work at the client won a prestigious national award for the client and Greythorn made it possible for me to fly from Seattle to Washington DC to participate in the ceremony. They made sure my rate was fair for me each year even when I know they did not get a rate increase from their customer. They left me alone for the most part and let me do my job but where always there for me when I asked for anything. I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with.

Cons

I did not find any problems whatsoever with working with/for Greythorn and would be very happy to do another contract with them at anytime.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! I really enjoyed my time with Greythorn and their management and staff. I couldn't ask for a better company to work with.