Great company for professional growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company grows fast
There is a lot of interesting and challenging work
Professional and career growth is encouraged
Orientation on emerging technologies and hard technical problems; good place to work for technical staff: architects, technical managers, developers, QAs, etc.
Engineering team rocks

Cons

Lack of technical middle management caused by aggressive growth
Some corporate processes are not scaled to the new company size yet

Keep up with executing the new strategy and growing responsibly

Other Reviews for Grid Dynamics

Best company in town but limited career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saratov, Saratovskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratov, Saratovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In my ~800k town it is a best company if you're looking for a stable engineering job:
     - administrators really invest into office environment and atmosphere
     - good work/life balance, you can almost every-time agree with you manager if you need a day-off or some specific hours off
     - very challenging: sometimes you feel like project future right in you hands
     - ability to travel abroad if you are lucky with visa
     - gym and yoga right in the office

Cons

- The biggest problem is if you're already a seasoned pro there is no room for growth unless you consider relocation to US
    - While company welcomes abroad business trips, the only destination is US
    - Inconsistent work of sales department: sometimes we have projects we cannot stuff, sometimes there is a long bench

- Enhance sales
    - Switch from bodyshop to project oriented company

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our engineering team was grown from talented engineers and now they are experienced engineers with the strongest expertise in the bleeding-edge technology stack: Java / Java EE, Solr/Lucene, Coherence, Hadoop, Hybris, ATG, etc. They are interested in new technologies, they are speakers on conferences, meetups, active in open-source community. I think there is no challenging technical task, which could be left unsolvable with this team.

Cons

Grid Dynamics works with e-Commerce clients and always offers challenging and technical tasks and interesting job. You could boost your expertise here and have a lot of fun. But sometimes there are quite periods of boring routine. Nevertheless our life is like zebra: white and black stripes.

The Grid Dynamics Intl company management always have the clearest understanding of short-term goals, directions and solutions for business growth. But it would be also helpful to convey understanding for long-term perspectives as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Grid Dynamics.

Worked for Grid Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!