Grimco

www.grimco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Grimco

Great Place to Work! MUST LOVE SALES!!!

Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Grimco

Pros

Great leadership from the top down... They only hire the best and expect the best in return. Start out compensation 30-40k per year usually. Must have college degree to get hired on. Very youthful... Mostly college graduates.

If you do not absolutely love sales you will not make it within Grimco. I don't care if you are in accounting, hr, or sales... everything is sales oriented and pleasing the customer.

Cons

You will never work just a 40 hour week as a newbie if you want to stay in the company and move up. This should be expected within any company. Bob Hummert is an AWESOME man. He is the owner of the company (multi million dollar company) and knows everyone at corporate by name. I would recommend Grimco to anybody.

Like everywhere else... everything is political. I was let go because of politics.

Solid leadership. Keep doing what you are doing.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Grimco (View Most Recent)

was great until they grew to big to fast

I worked at Grimco

Pros

decent benefits, good people to work with, computer system very good, several product lines

Cons

to big to fast. the personal caring went away and everyone became a number. part of a bigger picture and if you weren't part...you were out. can be very clicky. Sad -- they were a great company before very professional but personable. they lost that loven feelin!

Good but Can Be Great

I have been working at Grimco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small Teams, Family / Tight feel. Really good people. Hard work and dependability are seen as assets. Managers available to employees to talk. Fast pace.

Cons

Management means well, but can seem clique-like at times. Pats on the back are nice, but real recognition and pay will go further! Non-sales employees that excell that their jobs can often stay in the same role for long periods of time - just with more responsibility.

Recognition and Pay increases are important to non-sales employees too. So is training and development for non-sales employees. Watch growing too fast - we can do this better if we involve more employees in the process. Spend some money on current employees, rather than purchasing additional companies for a while, please!

There are newer employer reviews for Grimco