There are newer employer reviews for Grimco

MT

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Management Trainee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Grimco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great first job. First 2 years there I got 20% pay increares each year.

Cons

No growth. Is a little click that runs the company. Managment give you alot of work and people to lead but keep your job title were it is so they don't pay you more. Very odd

Try to keep employees for more then 3 years..

reviews filtered by

Great Place to Work! MUST LOVE SALES!!!

Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Grimco

Pros

Great leadership from the top down... They only hire the best and expect the best in return. Start out compensation 30-40k per year usually. Must have college degree to get hired on. Very youthful... Mostly college graduates.

If you do not absolutely love sales you will not make it within Grimco. I don't care if you are in accounting, hr, or sales... everything is sales oriented and pleasing the customer.

Cons

You will never work just a 40 hour week as a newbie if you want to stay in the company and move up. This should be expected within any company. Bob Hummert is an AWESOME man. He is the owner of the company (multi million dollar company) and knows everyone at corporate by name. I would recommend Grimco to anybody.

Like everywhere else... everything is political. I was let go because of politics.

Solid leadership. Keep doing what you are doing.

was great until they grew to big to fast

I worked at Grimco

Pros

decent benefits, good people to work with, computer system very good, several product lines

Cons

to big to fast. the personal caring went away and everyone became a number. part of a bigger picture and if you weren't part...you were out. can be very clicky. Sad -- they were a great company before very professional but personable. they lost that loven feelin!

There are newer employer reviews for Grimco