Great potential, needs a management overhaul.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Grom Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunity to make money if you are a cold calling machine. There are some really bright people who are very good at what they do and junior sales people can learn a lot here.

Cons

The internal politics, constantly shifting priorities, micro management, and egos are very hard to deal with. Lack of standardization in compensation makes this a "you get what you negotiate" company, which can be a positive, but get it in writing because it will change. The benefit plans are horrible. The way the consultants are paid creates a constant management issue and will severely hamper client relationships.

Retire.

Other Reviews for Grom Associates

Not the same Grom that I worked with before.

Former Employee - SAP Senior Consultant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - SAP Senior Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Grom Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Lots of energy and attractive advertising.

Cons

Lots of energy..no follow through. Do not believe the hype, it is what is under the cover that counts.
     If you send them a resume you have to do it again because there does not seem to be a central repository.
    Late payment. If they say net 30 add more time than that. The attitude seems to be they don't care if you have bills to pay or need to get the credit card paid as long as they do their thing. This is not the same Grom which cared about all it's people. As everything times have changed.

Contractors should not have to wait for client to pay before getting paid, even on a net 30. When it was mentioned I was told, "It is better than most companies do." I have only once had a more than net 30 on being paid and that was because of a clerical error on the company's side. Communication should be open and honest, not ignored or smug attitude. This is not the Grom I worked with before years ago and now I know why people warned me. Now I won't again. Anything that has Grom on it I will not work and I will warn others about it also.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY- THEY MAY NOT PAY YOU The old scam, "your check is in the mail."

I worked at Grom Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

People all seem friendly and gave rates that seemed great. Just remember the key word..SEEMED great.

Cons

THEY DO NOT PAY. If you are unfortunate to get a contract with them the may not pay you. When you raise a fuss about it they dodge calls and e-mails. If you say you are going to sue they say they will raise it to a superior. They constantly blame that they did not get paid from the client. This is just wrong as a contractor one's contract is with them so it is THEIR responsibility to pay, not for them to put you off with the excuse that the client has not paid yet. Especially when they say that the client is a favored client, yet they say they are not getting any response back from the client on when invoices will be paid. They expect you to drop your life for them, but they do not do a thing for you.

Pay your contractors. It is not the contractor's fault that you do not get your money. A contractor is a single person that has bills. Wonder what you would do if you did not get paid for over a month, how would you pay your bills? IF a contractor is having an issue then Senior management should be involved from the beginning, not after 45 days. It all

There are newer employer reviews for Grom Associates.

Worked for Grom Associates? Contribute to the Community!