So far so good

Current Employee - Internet Support Agent in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Internet Support Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Group 1 Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have little to no experience, but possess the right attitudes and values, there's plenty of opportunities here. Pay is good, benefits are pretty good, and the people that I work with are quick and professional.

Cons

Sometimes the repetitive nature of the job wears on me. The parking lot for employees could be better as well.

Advice to Management

Add a loyalty pay incentive program

reviews filtered by

Most people are unhappy here

Former Employee - Accountant in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Andover, MA

I worked at Group 1 Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We usually didn't have to work past 5 or 6PM, except during month end close. That's the only positive I can think of.

Cons

There's almost no room for growth. Each department has one boss managing 10 to 20 people and it stays that way for years, so your chances of ever getting a promotion are slim to none.

Another con: They make you swipe in and out with a time card, even when you're taking your lunch break. Are we in high school again? Are we going to get detention if we come back from lunch two minutes late? And if you ever forget to swipe your card, you'll get yelled at by management.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the time card system. Makes your employees feel distrusted. Also, try to have a more inviting atmosphere. I was afraid to ask a question to my boss for fear she'd yell at me or even fire me. And try to have better training. I could have done my tasks better if my questions were answered instead of only hearing "Try to figure it out on your own."

2. your just a number at group 1

Current Employee - Accounting in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Andover, MA

I have been working at Group 1 Automotive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay rate is not bad

Cons

management does not listen to employees! employees at the dealerships are unhappy. When upper management decides to put a process in place even if its not working they wont change it. Vendors are not paid on time. I worked here for 5 years received good reviews but never got a raise and benifits stink. The little guy suffers at when dealing with this company weather its the employees or outside vendors.

Advice to Management

i would not waste my breath nothing will ever change at this company