Group 1 Automotive
www.group1auto.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

A lot of employ benefit fluff but really more interested in profits.

Accounting Clerk (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Group 1 Automotive full-time for more than a year

ProsNice building, some bonus opportunities, job security, flexibility depending on what dept.

ConsLack of value placed on lower level employees. Ex. Managers get up front parking while everyone else parks further away. A lot of gossiping and high school cliques. No raises or reviews. Poor training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more focus on training and office professionalism. There are too many cliques in lower management that is highly unprofessional and gives the image of favoritism. Director of Accounting is very cheap and cuts corners to the detriment of employees that don't get proper attention and training.

Do not work here

Accounting (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Group 1 Automotive full-time

Pros: Haha you do not have to have a degree to… Cons: This company is the most money tight company I've ever worked for I have not had a raise since day one and I worked several… Advice to Senior Management: Employees don't want to work Saturdays. So don't make them . As the cost of living goes up every year you should reward your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Group 1

Deal Specialist (Former Employee)
Andover, MA

I worked at Group 1 Automotive full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great training in job requirements. Andover office is pretty small. … Cons: Mostly memorization. Not much room for ideas, innovation, learning new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Group 1 Automotive.

Worked for Group 1 Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Group 1 Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Group 1 Automotive CEO Earl J. Hesterberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Group 1 Automotive employees.