Group 1 Automotive

www.group1auto.com
  www.group1auto.com
There are newer employer reviews for Group 1 Automotive

A lot of employ benefit fluff but really more interested in profits.

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at Group 1 Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice building, some bonus opportunities, job security, flexibility depending on what dept.

Cons

Lack of value placed on lower level employees. Ex. Managers get up front parking while everyone else parks further away. A lot of gossiping and high school cliques. No raises or reviews. Poor training.

There needs to be more focus on training and office professionalism. There are too many cliques in lower management that is highly unprofessional and gives the image of favoritism. Director of Accounting is very cheap and cuts corners to the detriment of employees that don't get proper attention and training.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Group 1 Automotive (View Most Recent)

Do not work here

Former Employee - Accounting in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting in Houston, TX

I worked at Group 1 Automotive full-time

Pros

Haha you do not have to have a degree to work here.

Cons

This company is the most money tight company I've ever worked for I have not had a raise since day one and I worked several years of this company. I work in a business service center on 290 and Beltway 8. The accounting center. The turnover here is so high I've never seen it so high at any other company. I still cannot believe my eyes that somebody with a Masters degree would apply for this company that doesn't even require a degree at all. This is a data entry job. Not an accounting job. The medical insurance is horrible.

Employees don't want to work Saturdays. So don't make them . As the cost of living goes up every year you should reward your employees with a raise. Don't tell your employees not to do certain things and then turn around and go do them yourself such as eating at your desk.

Group 1

Former Employee - Deal Specialist in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Deal Specialist in Andover, MA

I worked at Group 1 Automotive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training in job requirements. Andover office is pretty small. Feels like a small company even though it is Fortune 500.

Cons

Mostly memorization. Not much room for ideas, innovation, learning new things.
    Layoffs, moving Andover office to Houston. Lots of required overtime.

There are newer employer reviews for Group 1 Automotive