Group 1 Automotive

www.group1auto.com

Constantly leaning new departments.

Current Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I'm never bored. Always learning something new cause in my job title, I move from departments to departments every few months.

Cons

I feel like chop liver sometimes. I can be moved whenever management thinks it's in"their" best interests. But the roll that I'm suppose to play is being future manager.

Management is not about sink or swim. Guide your new employees and make them into someone promising. Turnover ratio is too high in car sales.

Other reviews for Group 1 Automotive

Working at Group1Automotive

Current Employee - Inventory Processor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Processor in Houston, TX

Pros

Flexible Hours. flexible lunch time

Cons

Just a starting average company. Cant settle down here for long term.

Consider raising the salary of people with accounting degree

If You Have The Right Attitude, Group 1 Will Offer Stablility and Growth Opportunity

Former Employee - Finance & Insurance Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Finance & Insurance Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

The car sales business is tough and sometimes emotions can run high because of the large investment of personal time an employee gives in order to be truly successful; working for Group 1 is no different. Yet, if you look at the whole picture- the overall career stability, income, advancement, and training opportunities that they offer their employees, it is truly a good job to have. If you ask for it, they will go out of their way to offer you advancement opportunitites and they will compensate you generously for it. They offer great training for the newbies and continual advancement for the savvy sales professional. I worked at David Taylor for many years and my co-workers were awesome; so awesome in fact, they are lifetime friends- not just work aquaintances. It's easy to take for granted the value of a steady income in this business for many reasons- as any experienced salesman or woman will understand; it happens to the best of us at one time or another. The key is to keep the right attitude during the down swings and know that it will balance itself out eventually.

Cons

There were some shaky times with the Sales Managers and Assistant Sales Managers that were brought in while I worked there. This had a major impact on the sales force and everyone struggled because of it. But I believe this was recognized in a reasonable amount of time and they have worked diligently to implement positive resolve which really impresses me. To say that it is not easy to run a dealership is a huge understatement. It is an extreme job and you take a lot of heat. The fact that the General Manager at David Taylor evaluated the problem and then took action proves he cares about the work environment that is being providing for the sales force. Having a General Manager like this is not only a blessing, it is rare. I always give respect when it is earned and they earned it. Good Job!

Keep up the good work

There are newer employer reviews for Group 1 Automotive.

Worked for Group 1 Automotive? Contribute to the Community!