Group Health

www.ghc.org

Brilliant and talented people but their lean model often set unrealistic expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits; efficient; knowledgeable management. Changes were well thought out and delivered in an organized fashion. Good communication across the organization. High expectations.

ConsFear based management. Older staff bullied new staff. Raises were quite poor. Management unrealistic in expectaions of volume and quality. When volume expectations are too high it is difficult to maintain the 100% expectation of quality and vice versa. I didn't feel they cared about the quality of health care provided to our members. Due to the focus on volume (metrics) staff just wanted to rush to get the job done in order to meet the metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote an environment where old staff are held accountable for being unkind.Too much time is taken by tracking our work which takes away time from being able to perform our job functions. Simplify that process. People are not computers or robots.

Only in it for the money

Membership Representative (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits and decent paid time off Cons: Group Health talks a big game, but unless you want to smooch the butt of a higher up, you will never get ahead. Performance… Advice to Senior Management: FIX MEMBERSHIP!! It is an insult that Seattle counterparts make double and triple what Spokane reps do. Especially after you laid off 2/3… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ongoing change, but not for the better

Health Care Professional (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Most staff are committed to providing quality, safe care; union representation; benefits package (which, is being whittled away); and remnants still remain of the "old"… Cons: Vast changes have been underway for at least the last two years, including staff reductions via layoffs and attrition. Service quality has suffered, as well… Advice to Senior Management: If they dared to listen, I'd say that they need to seriously rethink their strategies. Making everything about saving money will actually cost the organization,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Group Health.

Worked for Group Health? Contribute to the Community!